7/12/12

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

7/12/12

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:42 pm

I hadn't been to WWK in a month so decided to go to Dorney again yesterday.

As usual the ride side was empty and I went to Talon first. Even with the station empty except the front row, they still were holding people on the stairs for the non existent Fast Lane users. I walked around for a 2nd ride which was my 200th ride on Talon. Years ago I expected Talon would be the first coaster I would get 200 laps on but it ended up being Nitro that I got my 200th ride at last month.

I skipped Hydra today and went to Dominator. Both sides had no wait so I went to the Turbo Drop first and then the Space Shot.

Thunderhawk had a 1 train wait so I waited for the front row. While waiting, there was a group in the station that was discussing how the 2nd train gets onto the track. One suggested they used a train and then while looking at Demon Drop, one of them said that you climb the stairs and board the car at the top of the tower.

Steel Force was next with some empty rows but I decided to wait 1 train for the front, walked around and chose a middle row since the station was a little more crowded and that row was empty.

I debated riding Stinger but decided against it because I still can't stand the thought of getting stuck on the lift for an hour or more so I went to Possessed instead.

It was close to 5:00 and the waterpark was starting to get less crowded. First was Aqua Racer twice, waiting around 5 minutes each time. The 2nd lazy river was closed but did open a little later.

I went to Patriot's Plunge riding all 3 slides, then Wildwater Rapids only riding the orange slide since everyone wants the green and yellow slides and if you aren't close enough to the front of the line to tell the lifeguard you want the orange or blue slide, they usually go empty cutting the capacity in half.

Next was 6 slides at Jumping Jack Splash, with a 0 - 5 minute wait, 3 slides on the yellow slide, 2 on orange and 1 on blue.

I had to leave by 6:30 so I didn't get a chance to go back to Wildwater Rapids for the other slides but I'm sure I'll get back to WWK at least one or two more times this summer.

Again, it was another trip where I didn't see anyone with Fast Lane. Cedar Point keeps raising Fast Lane prices due to demand while at a park like Dorney, it seems like a failure at least on the weekdays.
Yoshi

Return to Trip Reports