New fastest coaster?

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

New fastest coaster?

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:23 pm

So, after riding Kingda Ka at Six Flags, I had been thinking. Shouldn't Intamin be popping up with a new tallest/fastest sometime soon? I decided to check out rcdb.com to see the space in between the last several tallests and fastests...
When this came to my attention:
http://rcdb.com/id4161.htm

In light of Hypersonic XLC being taken down (which I was unhappy about, since I'm going to King's Dominion this summer and had been wanting to ride it since I had heard of it [although, yes, I understand why it was taken down and do not blame Cedar Fair for doing so, I'm just not happy about it]), I am ecstatic about the installment of a new, FAST, S&S launch coaster. I really like S&S power, I think the idea of using compressed air as a way to accelerate is ingenious and the fact that it accelerates so much faster than even hydraulics is just wonderful. :]

Now I want to go to Germany.

Has anybody heard of this already? I'm trying to find info via google, but not having any luck.

Anyway, discuss. :]

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Re: New fastest coaster?

Postby evofusion » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:35 pm

I saw this posted on great adventure source a while ago. It seems like a cool idea. Its not going to have any drops or inversions, instead its going to simulate driving a race car around a track. It looks like Kingda Ka will keep one of its records.
evofusion

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:01 pm

Weird. Does it count as a roller coaster then? I wonder if they'll count it.

And here I was hoping something more elaborate than the usual 30 second rides would have surfaced...

Tori_is_neat

Postby FutureMan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:23 pm

Aren't they redesigning it or something??
Anyway.. it will be pretty sweet.. I think mathematically its launch force is in between Hypersonic and Dodonpa... And I think it is a roller coaster since it supposedly going to be built by S&S..
FutureMan

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:07 pm

I am expecting Dubai to get a 500 ft coaster since someone associated with the SF parks in Dubai said they are going to take the tallest and fastest record.

I hate how after the top hat and the airtime hill, you hit the brakes on Kingda Ka. Seems like wasted potential to be going that fast to just slow down after such a short ride. I realize it's the cost that prevented it from being more elaborate but it would have been cool to see a Storm Runner type layout after the top hat.
Yoshi

Postby ttd rox » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:12 am

Yes, it looks cool indeed. As said before, it is a real coaster but with no inversions or drops. Just speed and turns to simulate likeyour driving over 130 mph. Too bad I'm not going over to Europe anytime soon though. :( But, I guess I'm not missing too much. I can't until we start seeing construction but that won't be for a while.
ttd rox

Postby Tori_is_neat » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Yeah. Maybe this will motivate me to head over there? I doubt it. XD
But yeah, can't wait for constructions and test runs and what not. :]

Tori_is_neat

Postby hydra&hercules » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:52 pm

What is up with dubai? Why do they need all these new hotels and amuseument parks? There getting a six flags,busch gardens, and a seaworld! :|
hydra&hercules

Return to Industry Discussion