Why I'm looking forward to 2004, call me nuts

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Why I'm looking forward to 2004, call me nuts

Postby rwk » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:09 pm

1. Renovated Haunted Pretzel at Bushkill Park reopens.
2. Expanded HalloWeekends, new haunted house besides Horror Theater and Boo Hill.
3. At least having fun at Wildwater Kingdom and DP in the summer despite big crowds, long lines, extreme heat. (If you call that fun) Maybe I should go on weekdays when its cloudy. Call me nuts, but when I'm at Dorney a few times in the summer I would take a bus from Ice Cream World to Palmer Park Mall and walk to Bushkill just so I can enjoy the Haunted Pretzel, a type of ride Dorney has not seen since 1983. And the Fun House, too an attraction most other parks did away with due to safety, liability. Bushkill is like going back in time. And there are NO crowds there. I'd then take the bus back to Dorney. Only drawback is with the bus's schedule, I would only have an hour to spend at Bushkill before having to catch the bus back, or I'd be stuck there. A few times my mom drove us over to Bushkill. I'm not into thrill rides which is why an announcement of a new thrill ride for DP doesn't excite me like most of you, and hordes of teens. I like SLOW rides and that is that. (What adult slow rides has CF added to the park other than Cannonball, Road Rally and Carousel? They took out the Sky Ride and Water Skooters) My stomach can't handle the fast rides faster than Whip. I can't handle any coaster other than the Dragon, and even that made me queasy. Eliminating slow rides from the park limits my ride options. DP needs more gentle rides in future. These are only rides I'll ride:
Zephyr
Whip
Both carousels
Cannonball
Crazy Cars
Road Rally
Swan Boats
Ferris Wheel
Thunder Canyon
Any ideas for new slow rides?
rwk

Postby DorneyDante » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:44 pm

Have you ever ridden any of the coasters at Dorney?
DorneyDante

Yes, I'm a real dark ride nut

Postby rwk » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:27 am

I would like to become a member of http://www.dafe.org I admit I'm a dark ride nut, I build them in RCT2, I scour the web for pictures of them, and I dream of my next visit to a dark ride park. I look forward to October every year. You know why. One thing I really hate is if a park removes a dark ride and I never went to the park yet, knowing that I'll never be able to ride it at all. There are so many more dark rides I haven't ridden yet, because the parks they're in are too far to drive, like Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, Calif., but I've been on almost every dark ride here in the Northeast from NY, NJ to Ocean City, Maryland. I was at Disney World in 1989, the Haunted Mansion was excellent. I have on-ride videos of most of the dark rides from 98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002. So, that way if any one of those dark rides disappears, I'll have the ride through on video, and be able to take a 'virtual ride' through the dark ride on TV even though it's physically gone from the real world. I wish I had a video camera during Dorney's dark ride years, so I would have had video of riding through Journey and others. I read on Google forums that someone has video of Journey from 92 because they already learned that it was going out after 92 season and they videotaped on the ride.
rwk

Postby DorneyDante » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:51 pm

I would pay to see that video! seriously
Also, I just love how you avoid questions when you don't wanna answer them. Its merely a simple yes or no answer. Im just curious if you've ever ridden any of the coasters at dorney b4.
DorneyDante

Return to Industry Discussion