Kings Island B&M Hyper

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Kings Island B&M Hyper

Postby HauntfanDP » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:34 pm

I've been looking a lot into the new hyper coaster at Kings Island and i keep trying to figure out the name of it. At first, the rumors strongly said that it would be called Mustang and I believed it after seeing pics of the "Ride, Sally, Ride" teaser sign they have. But then they added this teaser page to their website:

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attract ... wfor09.cfm

This makes me think that its some sort of snake that would fit into a western theme and gets rid of the idea of Mustang as a name. Names like "Copperhead" and "Revenge of the Beast" and "Leviathan" and many more names were brought up of what the rides name could possibly be. And you also have to consider the reptile eye on the teaser page. This is confusing the heck out of me about what the name will be, do you guys have any idea?
HauntfanDP

Re: Kings Island B&M Hyper

Postby Tori_is_neat » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:02 am

The Western theme definitely is the most plausible. Revenge of the Beast, though? Doubtful. There's only so far you can take that and The Beast doesn't need avenging at the moment, unless Cedar Fair is planning on committing suicide and demolishing The Beast. At any rate, it could be any number of snake-related things (I say snake because Gila Monster doesn't seem like a very interesting name). Rattler, Copperhead, etc, all make sense. I'm pretty excited to see what they name it, I just hope it's not Behemoth.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby smokerider » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:20 am

i dont know i'm sorta feeling GILA
smokerider

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:57 am

It's not really intimidating unless people know what it is, haha.

Tori_is_neat

Postby HauntfanDP » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:00 am

yea and the teaser on the website does a good job of giving an idea of what it is, but doesnt give any of it away. Theres so many names that can fit the teaser, the signs around the site, and even the western theme that fits into the rivertown area.
HauntfanDP

Postby smokerider » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 pm

watchin some low budget filck on scifi
got me thinking how's KOMONO or DRAGON
smokerider

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:03 pm

It'll probably have a really good name and logo and then get an easter egg station.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby HauntfanDP » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Kings Island announced it today! Diamondback strikes in 2009!

http://www.kidiamondback.com/

This looks to be a heck of a ride. Max height of 230 feet, first drop at 215 feet, and over 5200 feet long. And that slashdown at the end looks great. It really fits the rivertown area with all the rocks and natural theming. It also has 10 drops, 6 of those drops are over 100 feet (215'(first drop),193',131',129',110', and 106'). This looks like it has potential to be one of the best B&M's out there.
HauntfanDP

Postby MozzMarr86 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:33 pm

Darn. My guess was Voodoo...
MozzMarr86

Postby Yoshi » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:12 am

Yeah it is shocking it is going to have an original name. Since CF seems to like to reuse names like Dominator and Thunderhawk on a lot of rides.
Yoshi

Postby PepsiFan01 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:43 pm

Yeah they finally were original. Shocking!
PepsiFan01

Postby TombraiderTy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:13 pm

And VooDoo wasn't original? Neither was Maverick? What about Firehawk? I could go on...

I'm not saying that CF doesn't repeat names (heck, Halloween Haunt can be found at any park almost now), but I honestly think they are more original than you're all making them out to be.
TombraiderTy

Postby MozzMarr86 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:46 pm

Actually no, they're not.

Exhibit A: Italian Job. They needed to change the name, so they chose "Backlot Stunt Coaster".
Exhibit B: Dominator. B&M coaster at King's Dominion or Drop Tower at Dorney?
Exhibit C: Thunderhawk. Vekoma inverted at Michigan's Adventure or PTC woodie at Dorney?

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.
MozzMarr86

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:21 am

It's not really that they're not original, it's moreso that lately they had been being very redundant with their name choices, as exhibited by MozzMarr. Yes, they can be original, but as of late, they had sunk our already fleeting hopes by simply pulling the Six Flags repeat name game. Or, in the case of many of the Paramount Rides, just creating completely dull and thoughtless names. Backlot Stunt Coaster? Come on. Flight Deck was a real downer, as well. So, for them to make the effort to name something that isn't Cedar Point-related something new, we may get a little excited.

Tori_is_neat

Postby HauntfanDP » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:08 pm

Cedar Fair has been pretty good with thinking of names for NEW rides. Diamondback to me is original. But when it comes to renaming rides, they put no effort in it. And its worse for us dorney fans because they took our original names. Dominator has never been used before until they took it out of geauga lake and moved it to kings dominion. Thunderhawk hasnt been used before until it was moved to michigan's adventure. Thank god they didnt rename voodoo "steel venom". Whenever it comes to being original, I always trust dorney. They could have kept the steel venom name and logo, but instead they picked a unique name and made an awesome logo that is liked by many many coaster fans.
HauntfanDP

Next

Return to Industry Discussion