Monday in August: Hershey vs. Six Flags

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Monday in August: Hershey vs. Six Flags

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:04 pm

So, Monday is my last day at home before I go off to college [insert sad noises here], and my mom wants to hang out with me at a theme park for a day. Hershey and SFGAdv are the same distance from me, and both parks are $50.00 admission, not counting any coupons or offers that I haven't searched for yet.
My question is, what about the lines? Many of you go to or have gone to these parks more frequently than I have. Which would have the shorter lines on a late Monday in August?

Thanks in advance. :]

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Re: Monday in August: Hershey vs. Six Flags

Postby Yoshi » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:25 pm

I haven't been to Great Adventure since July 15th, but based on my 2 July visits, I would expect short lines for the less popular coasters, medium sized lines (20 - 30 minutes) for the high capacity major coasters like Batman and Nitro and Medusa and 30+ minute waits for Superman, Kingda Ka, El Toro and TDK. If you get there at opening, you can get a lot done though especially if you don't care about Kingda Ka.

Hershey is really going to depend on operations. Lines were horrible yesterday and the park wasn't that crowded but thanks to 1 train on Storm Runner and only 2 on Fahrenheit, both were over an hour (Storm Runner later went down to 45 minutes).

Great Adventure will be cheaper for admission. Coke cans have B1G1 free so that's $24.99 a person. The best I have seen for Hershey is $10 off from cans of Pepsi which is $39.99 a person but it might even out with Great Adventure $15 for parking versus $10 for Hershey and Great Adventure's higher pricing on food in the park (I would avoid eating in the park if possible)
Yoshi

Re: Monday in August: Hershey vs. Six Flags

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:44 pm

Thanks a lot, Yoshi. :] I think it's going to be Six Flags, at this point. It's cheaper, and we have a better chance of waiting less. We don't usually eat in the park, so that shouldn't be a problem. Although Fahrenheit is appealing, the idea of waiting anywhere close to an hour, let alone longer than that is very unappealing. And we don't plan on going on the Dark Knight, so really, our first stop will likely be El Toro, as I want my mom to ride that one a lot (and I do, too!).

But really, thanks for your help. :]

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Return to Industry Discussion