Best Day To Go To SFGA

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Best Day To Go To SFGA

Postby phillydude » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:36 pm

OK... someone gave us four tickets to GA which need to be used before the end of the season. We have a couple options:

1) Go on Columbus Day, Monday Oct 13th. Kids are off from school.

2) Go on Saturday November 1st. Day after Halloween.

Our goals are pretty much to catch the coasters with the shortest lines possible and be out of the park before any major Fright Fest stuff starts. So it's basically going to be a daytime visit.

On Columbus Day, the park is open until 8pm... so I'm doubting they go full blast for the scary stuff. But the potential for a lot of people to show up since it's a holiday is probably higher than on a weekend in November, right?

Also, what order should we try to do the coasters? I have heard that certain ones need time to "warm up" for the best ride?
How would you feel if you had a plate of fresh hand-cut french fries and wanted ketchup but instead I threw a dog turd on top of them and said, "It's better than nothing?" - modernphoenixv2

People have to eat. - Dick Kinzel
phillydude

Re: Best Day To Go To SFGA

Postby Yoshi » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:15 am

Did you get the PM I replied to about this? I wasn't sure if it went through or not.

Anyway, Columbus Day is one of the worst days of the year at the park. I checked and NYC schools are off as well. The place is going to be packed. They must have recently changed it to 8 from 10. I was considering going until I read some of the TR's from 2006 and 2007 on Great Adventure Source (GADV.com) and now there is no way I will especially the the 8:00 closing (I was also considering going from around 6 - 10 since it is a school night hoping it would be quieter than durin the day).
Yoshi

Postby phillydude » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:14 am

yeah I got your PM... sorry if there was any confusion.

good tip on the Columbus Day thing... we'll wait and go in November instead. It'll probably be freezing cold too. :|
How would you feel if you had a plate of fresh hand-cut french fries and wanted ketchup but instead I threw a dog turd on top of them and said, "It's better than nothing?" - modernphoenixv2

People have to eat. - Dick Kinzel
phillydude

Postby robertleax » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:13 pm

ive gone on a sunday in september and october with my 10 year old daughter and its not bad. you dont have the "halloween haunt" fans, just ride fans and not too many little children either. might even go myself this sunday.
....but since people are off on monday, maybe i take my daughter next sunday 10/19??? any thoughts from anyone this sunday???
robertleax

Postby Yoshi » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:00 pm

I was informed that the reason for horrible crowds in past years was due to bring a friend for free coupons. They said on GADV.com it won't be as bad as past years especially because of the 8:00 closing. I'm almost 100% going tonight and everyone says this is the least crowded night of Frighfest since it is the first Friday so I'll post a TR tomorrow or Sunday and say how bad crowds were since I'm sure it will be more crowded on Monday.
Yoshi

Return to Industry Discussion