More Six Flags Sell Offs!?

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

More Six Flags Sell Offs!?

Postby hydra&hercules » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:38 pm

I was on wikipedia serching six flags america in maryland because I might go there next summer, when at the bottom of the page I found this," In recente developments, it is rumored that Six Flags Inc. has plans for more sell offs during the 2008-2009 off season. Several parks are under review, including, Six Flags America and Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. It has yet to be seen if this will include both parks' respective water parks." This is very bad news as both parks are very nice how they are :cry: For more information go to wikipedia and go to the six flags america page and go to the end of the history section.
But again this is just a rumor.
hydra&hercules

Re: More Six Flags Sell Offs!?

Postby dptalon135 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:56 pm

That's the first I've heard of that. Look at your source. It's Wikipedia... anyone can edit that. I could edit it now and say the park was bought by Cedar Fair. Not saying it isn't possible, but I'll wait for a better source.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:02 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see them get rid of SFA. It seems to be the park they are neglecting the most. No new coaster added since 2001 and one removed since then, plus lots of flats removed. Plus it has a horrible reputation.
Yoshi

Postby hydra&hercules » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:13 am

Yeah but its the only park that is really close to washington dc.
hydra&hercules

Postby hydra&hercules » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:16 am

dptalon135 wrote:That's the first I've heard of that. Look at your source. It's Wikipedia... anyone can edit that. I could edit it now and say the park was bought by Cedar Fair. Not saying it isn't possible, but I'll wait for a better source.

Yeah but actually they said that dorney park was getting rid of laser 2 weeks before dorneyparkonline got wind of it I think :|
hydra&hercules

Postby cf4444 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:49 am

Never go to Wikipedia for anything. You can never trust if that site is correct or not. As for Laser, I think we knew (or at least thought) Laser was leaving at least three or four years ago.
cf4444

Postby hydra&hercules » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:21 am

Yeah your right.
hydra&hercules

Postby hydra&hercules » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:09 pm

One more thing say six flags does sell the park, do you guys think they would sell six flags america and six flags kentucky kingdom to PARC or Cedar Fair I would hope cedar fair personally. 8)
hydra&hercules

Postby Tori_is_neat » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:52 am

Haha! I think Cedar Fair has way too much on their hands (and way too little in their pockets) to handle another park.
I went to Six Flags America this past summer, and it really didn't seem bad. I like Joker's Jinx, Superman, and Batwing, anyway. The other ones weren't good (I experienced my first vekoma SLC there. *sigh* I will never understand...) It was wonderfully dead, though. Walks on all day in August. It was a beautiful day, too. We got bored really fast, after riding Superman around 6 times and everything else at least once, and ended up driving down to Kings Dominion. Considering how far away from metropolitan areas they are, they were much busier.

Why do you think SFA is so underrated and/or neglected?

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby DominatorDude05 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:37 am

Considering no one's come forward to Buy or obtain some assets from the now defunct Hard Rock Park, I doubt none of the aforementioned parties would be interested in the Marlboro or Louisville Properties. If I were to guess who would possibly purchase these properties that would either be Parc 7f or Parque Ruendos (forgive the spelling of that ;) ).
DominatorDude05

Return to Industry Discussion