Hershey Removing A Coaster?

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Hershey Removing A Coaster?

Postby Yoshi » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:19 am

Screamscape is reporting that Hershey's web page is showing the park as having 10 coasters on a banner. I really hope it was just a typo or mistake. They are guessing Rollersoaker. I hope it's not that or SDL (which would have been my guess). If it is true I hope it is either Sidewinder or Wild Mouse since both are clones and Sidewinder isn't that great of a ride.
Yoshi

Re: Hershey Removing A Coaster?

Postby MozzMarr86 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:55 am

If there's any vailidy to that claim (and I'm not saying if I believe there is or is not), it would be a mistake to remove the Mouse. It's much better than the one at Dorney. It would be sad to see it go. I'd prefer to see Sidewinder gone to be perfectly honest. God, I hate that ride.
MozzMarr86

Postby dp45879 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:16 pm

I think it may be a promotion for Fahrenheit since it opens to a video called 'Hersheypark's 11th Roller Coaster - Fahrenheit - The First Ride!'
dp45879

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:26 pm

I hope it's Roller Soaker if there's any truth to this. I wouldn't want to see any of the classics go which would probably be on the choping block (SDL, Trailblazer, Sidewinder)

I would find Wild Mouse or Roller Soaker to be odd removals considering how new they are, but they are near the poorly planned waterpark so who knows. Roller Soaker is the most useless ride to me so I hope it really is that one. Sidewinder would also free up space by the waterpark, but the DGRR tracks run between that spot and the Wavepool...so I dunno what they could do with it without removing the train too....hope it never comes to that...I love Pioneer (or I should say, what's left of it)

I did hear someplace a while back that they were going to move the Mouse to the location of the Midway tent and use the land the Mouse is on for the waterpark.

I also suppose the Mouse or Roller Soaker could be moved to Dutch Wonderland and fit in nicely there.

Or it could be possible that since they're in Halloween season and Roller Soaker isn't open for that, so they run ten coasters this time of the season.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby Tori_is_neat » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 am

Screamscape reiterated your final theory this morning, Kozmo. Rollersoaker is just closed for the winter, with the rest of the water park.

While Rollersoaker is pretty useless - I still haven't ridden it because I just refuse to wait that long for a ride - I hope it's Sidewinder that gets removed. I really do not like boomerangs. Ugh.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby dorneydude » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 am

I guess the line builds for roller soaker..it really is not bad if you try not to consider it a coaster but more of a water ride.
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Postby randydorney » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:30 am

Rollersoaker is really great once you get on it. :D I finally got to ride Rollersoaker in 09'. I was way over due since I only been to Hershey Park once and that's the day when Great Bear opened to the public that day back in 98'.

But I was up to date on the coasters and stuff while I was in school in Middle school, HS and college in Oklahoma that was happening at Hershey Park. ;) :P :D
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby Yoshi » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:58 pm

It's fun but should have never been installed in a park that gets around 3 million visitors a year unless they got a double track. I went on a slow day last year and it was still 45 minutes. Their site says 725 riders an hour but I am estimating it is more like 360 an hour (set of 3 cars at 2 minute dispatch per set)
Yoshi

Return to Industry Discussion