New haunted walkthrough in Wildwood

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

New haunted walkthrough in Wildwood

Postby Hooky965 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:45 am

This weekend, the wraps are coming off a new haunted walkthrough in Wildwood, called the "Ignus Fatuus". It's a themed ghost ship type thing which has been kept pretty much under wraps during it's construction. From the video and story here: http://www.nbc40.net/view_story.php?id=13333 (be sure to click on the "video" link near the top of the article) I think that it's a pretty cool looking thing which has been carefully planned and skillfully executed.

This is worth mentioning on a few fronts;

1. This is the first PERMANENT, devoted haunted walkthrough attraction that has been built on the Wildwood boardwalk in something like 30 years. Doubly worth mentioning because New Jersey laws pertaining to these types of attractions are very strict (primarily due to the infamous Great Adventure fire in the 80s, and to a lesser extent, the Mars Ride fire in the 60's)
2. Did I mention that this is a PERMANENT attraction?
3. It features both props and live actors...very reminiscent of other noteable NJ attractions of yore like the Castle Dracula, Brigantine Castle, and Haunted Mansion in Long Branch.
4. The length of time that it takes to walk through the attraction....something like 20-30 minutes (!!)
5. The willingness to lay down 1.8 mil on the thing is a testament that this type of attraction is still viable. I think that perhaps the management of Morey's might have been looking at the success of Dorney's Haunt's over the past two years as a test market for this type of thing, and they liked what they saw.
Hooky965

Re: New haunted walkthrough in Wildwood

Postby dorneydude » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:59 am

so lets get a dark ride at DP!
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Re: New haunted walkthrough in Wildwood

Postby Hooky965 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Have a feeling that a permanent attraction like this at Dorney is not in the cards. I think that they're quite satisfied with being able to build permanent structures which they need staff only when the park is themed to do so. This is not to say that I personally wouldn't like to see it, I think that it would be a terrific addition, but I don't think that it will come to pass. Remember, the piers have to do their business in the summer months. Dorney has the luxury of being able to stretch the season with a very lucrative and viable fall season.
Hooky965

Return to Industry Discussion