Brown B&M Track at Ohio Manufacturing Facility

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Brown B&M Track at Ohio Manufacturing Facility

Postby DorneyMan88 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:53 am

I saw this posted on Screamscape a few weeks ago: http://www.screamscape.com/html/industry_news.htm (scroll down to B&M).

Any ideas/speculation on where it is going? Screamscape's latest entry says it could be for the newly announced X-Raptor ride at Gardaland in Italy...but I thought it was a widely accepted belief/fact that the manufacturing facility in Ohio made the track for projects in North America only (and that non North American projects and all of the trains were manufactured in Switzerland).

I have 3 possible projects that this track could be for if you take Gardaland out of the mix.

First, the gigantic new coaster that Busch Gardens Tampa is building for 2011 and set to announce sometime this month I believe. The rumors and supposed ride layout point to multiple launches however so that would indicate a likely Intamin ride (though I included this project here for those who believe that B&M will do launches if the park insists on them). Also, I believe there was an article with the park's GM a while ago where he said the ride would be "one-of-a-kind" (and even despite parks' marketing gimmicky wordage, a B&M hyper or even flyer would not warrant saying "one-of-a-kind").

Second, it could be the track for the rumored B&M coming to Hersheypark. Though if that's true, not sure that brown will look very good over in the Comet Hollow area next to Great Bear and Comet.

Third, over the past week or so a TON of markings have appeared at Knott's Berry Farm ( http://www.westcoaster.net/updates.php? ... 810&page=3 ). Seeing as how Cedar Fair has bought 3 new generation hypers from B&M in the past 3 years, I could see this being a hyper finally for Knotts. It would fit in with the ride lineup already there and the markings indicate a very large project area.

Since I think it's pretty agreeable that this can't be for the Tampa project, then I would think this puts a 50-50 chance that it's either Hershey's new B&M or a B&M for Knott's.

Discuss.
DorneyMan88

Re: Brown B&M Track at Ohio Manufacturing Facility

Postby bluewaves » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Canada's Wonderland also has a big announcement coming end of the month so thats a possibility too
bluewaves

Postby DorneyMan88 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:04 pm

The recent hint on their facebook page seems to indicate that it may be the same type of ride coming to Cedar Point for 2011 sharing the name StratoSoar.
DorneyMan88

Postby DorneyMan88 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:02 am

So I just saw on Screamscape a link to a picture of the same brown B&M track at Heide Park in Germany apparently for a Dive Machine.

So I guess in the recent past B&M stopped making coaster track in Switzerland...so now all B&M track for the world is made at the facility in Ohio.

Imagine that, in this economy...a factory that produces giant STEEL projects is on the upswing IN AMERICA.
DorneyMan88

Return to Industry Discussion