Cedar Point's crown

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Cedar Point's crown

Postby FutureMan2 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:47 pm

So with Magic Mountain taking the most coasters away from cedar point, my question is how long do you guys think it will take for Cedar Point to steal the crown back.

Milestone Coasters:
150-Voyage
200-Behemoth
250-Intimidator
300-Kraken
FutureMan2

Re: Cedar Point's crown

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Probably a few years at the most.

I think it was stupid for SFMM to add 2 new coasters this year after spending the money to refurbish Superman. The roller skater wasn't really needed but since they got it from SFNO, it wasn't that big of a deal. Green Lantern should have never been installed when they have X2 which is similar and the horrible capacity of a Zac Spin. SFMM is lacking in non coaster rides/flats almost as bad as Great Adventure and instead of worrying about adding more coaster than CP, they should have bought a collection of flat rides.
Yoshi

Postby FutureMan2 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:39 pm

I agree that MM doesn't have enough rides but on the other hand Cedar Point has more outdated coasters IMO. Especially Wildcat and Disaster Transport. (why are they still there??) The next couple years should be very interesting. I hope CP 20th coaster is 500 ft Dive coaster. Yep I dream big :lol:

Milestone Coasters:
150-Voyage
200-Behemoth
250-Intimidator
300-Kraken
FutureMan2

Postby Kozmo 1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:58 am

FutureMan2 wrote:I agree that MM doesn't have enough rides but on the other hand Cedar Point has more outdated coasters IMO. Especially Wildcat and Disaster Transport. (why are they still there??) The next couple years should be very interesting. I hope CP 20th coaster is 500 ft Dive coaster. Yep I dream big :lol:

I really prefer the older coasters at Cedar Point, I'd rather have them keep Disaster Transport, Iron Dragon, Wildcat, Gemini. Only older one I don't care for is Corkscrew, but it looks pretty neat across the midway so I hope it doesn't go either.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby New England Rep » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:43 am

Magic Mountain shipped Deja Vu off to SFNE so they are currently tied.

To be honets with you, I don't think Cedar Point cares about the crown, as they are putting all of their money into the family aspects of the park. Their last coaster was Maverick in 2007, and they got Windseeker 2011 and are getting Dinosaur's Alive in 2012, so I say they get a new coaster in 2013.
Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
New England Rep

Return to Industry Discussion