Iron Wolf to Six Flags America for 2012?

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Iron Wolf to Six Flags America for 2012?

Postby IhaveSonar » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:00 am

Well, according to screamscape(http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_america.htm), Iron Wolf will probably be going to SFA for 2012. A rather interesting decision, since they just moved Green Lantern to the area to market it as the only standup in the Northeast.
IhaveSonar

Re: Iron Wolf to Six Flags America for 2012?

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:34 am

Sounds similar to the whole Scream Machine situation. The rumor was the ride was supposed to close on July 1st last year. Then it didn't close and the park on Facebook made a big deal of how the ride was still opened only to have it close less than 3 weeks later.

Other than Great Adventure just getting Green Lantern like you said, I think it makes sense for SF. Iron Wolf is supposedly not too popular at Great America. SFA needs a new coaster and could use something like a B&M coaster. I'm sure it's not what SFA locals wanted since after 10 years of waiting for a new coaster, they probably want something better and I guess it also doesn't make SFGAM locals happy they lost Chang. It should be interesting to see what kind of new coaster SFGAM gets since the last 3 coasters they have gotten are all smaller coaster.
Yoshi

Postby djw44 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:51 pm

My bet is a Eurofighter for Great America
djw44

Postby New England Rep » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 am

I don't think the ride was popular at Great America, maybe it will be at America. SFA has a pretty bad rep, and this ride may help restore the park. They are putting TONS of theming to it and are really trying to hype it up. Maybe the 100-ft ride won't be that great, but the anticipation will!
Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
New England Rep

Return to Industry Discussion