Hercules

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Hercules

Postby dorneydude » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:47 pm

We all know its been removed...was it scrapped or is it stored somewhere...ie could it ever be revived....
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Re: Hercules

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:01 pm

It was scrapped. Mercilessly.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby Kozmo 1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:03 am

Pretty hard to relocate a terrain ride like Hercules anyway...

But I forget, I think it was mentioned where the trains were sent...was it one to CP and one to Knotts?
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby Hooky965 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:24 am

Don't know exactly what happened to all of the trains, but at least one stayed behind and is (or was) being used as a prop in Haunt. It used to be located in Headstone Hollow and was occupied by some unfortunate skeleton riders. It was pretty rough when I got a good look at it, as the floors were rotting out and many of the restraint features had been removed...may have also had the seats themselves taken out, don't exactly remember, but it was the car from the front of the train and still had the Hercules logo on it.
Hooky965

Postby Kozmo 1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:01 am

Hooky965 wrote:Don't know exactly what happened to all of the trains, but at least one stayed behind and is (or was) being used as a prop in Haunt. It used to be located in Headstone Hollow and was occupied by some unfortunate skeleton riders. It was pretty rough when I got a good look at it, as the floors were rotting out and many of the restraint features had been removed...may have also had the seats themselves taken out, don't exactly remember, but it was the car from the front of the train and still had the Hercules logo on it.

Pretty sure this is one of the cars from the train(s) in the station collision from back in the day, from when they had 3 trains. That car has been out as long as they've done a Halloween event from what I remember.

I thought the 2 that were still operational went to other parks that had the 2 bench PTC trains. Cedar Point Mean Streak, WoF Timberwolf, Knotts Ghostrider....not sure if there's more possibilities.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Return to Industry Discussion