Question Regarding Defunct Parks in Eastern Pa

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Question Regarding Defunct Parks in Eastern Pa

Postby djw44 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Hey question for you guys. Did any of you get the chance to visit any of the old closed Eastern Pa parks such as Willow Grove Park, Harvey's Lake, Angela Park, San Sousi, Rocky (Point I think, in Lancaster) or any of those or any not mentioned? If so, what were they like?
djw44

Re: Question Regarding Defunct Parks in Eastern Pa

Postby Yoshi » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 pm

I never got to any of them. Willow Grove Park closed before I was born but I really wish it was still open since I live less than 10 minutes away. It was replaced with a boring mall (bad store selection). They used to have pictures of the park all over and tables in the food court with pictures of rides and other stuff printed on the actual tables. If it was still open, I'd be there at least twice a week.
Yoshi

Postby Kozmo 1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:14 am

Hmm...I think I remember seeing that mall in that Carousel of Memories documentary.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:57 pm

I never had a chace to see any of these either. Another one not mentioned above was West Point Park. Last year my Fiance lived in a house that was right on the property of where this used to me. It is crazy looking at the area now to think that there was once a small town amusement park there...
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby nathanaelerik » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:30 am

Terry Hill Water Park is now offically defunct. Probably has been for 2 years ATLEAST now. I went once when i was younger, it was alright. It was mostly body slides and a pool. The lazy river barely moved you, you had to like paddle yourself through it. They had ONE really fun tube slide that i remember.. The whole entire park is still standing with a for sale sign at the front of the park on rt 222.

EDIT:
http://www.terryhillwaterparkpa.com/home.html
The site claims theyre reopening for the 2013 season, but seeing NO WORK being done at the park, and the state the park is in... id really be surprised to see it open this year. Also.. I definitely wouldnt go because it doesnt look safe either.
nathanaelerik

Postby C Trumbore » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:27 pm

I can remember going to rickett's glen/whatever when it was Ghost Town. I was young though.. 10 or early teens, maybe? A woodie, some flat rides, mostly midway. Classic 70s themeing. lots of scary clowns and day-glo paint.
C Trumbore

Postby nathanaelerik » Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Im still TOTALLY BAFFLED about Terry Hill. Does anyone know more about it? Their site advertises being open this year. Having a new slide. But the actual park sits dormant and untouched with a big for sale sign. :|

What the eff is going on?

I know its so close to dorney, so it had a hard time competing but still. What the eff.
nathanaelerik

Return to Industry Discussion