Hershey 2004

Talk about other parks and the amusement industry.

Moderator: dptalon135

Hershey 2004

Postby coastermatt » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:14 pm

They are going to build next years coaster around Trailblazer. Why this? Because they did it the first time with Great Bear being over Coal Cracker and sooperdooperLooper and under Skyview plus directly over the midway and Paddleboat Cafe (if you happen to be directly under it while it is running over the midway, hug one of the supports and feel the vibrations from the trains); and the second time with Roller Soaker being built over Canyon River Rapids. So they will do it again this time it will be built over Trailblazer. I'm going up on 6/24 and will check out the flags. From I've been hearing, this ride will start behind Sidewinder and go over to the Trailblazer area, over the creek and behind Aquatheatre and Flying Falcon, back over the creek, behind Trailblazer and back to the station. It is going to be an Intamin Rocket Coaster. I also heard that Balloon Flite will be removed fort he start of construction. Not sure wheither it will be moved to a new location or permenantely from the park (could go to Dutch Wonderland since it would fit in with the park's other attractions) and that the catering pavilion could also be removed (they could be relocate to another area or a new catering area would be constructed) Trailblazer catering area does not fit into this area at all, it looks out of place. It would be better to see a coaster back here that would help enliven the area (like Great Bear with Comet Hollow)
Trailblazer isn't going anywhere either since it just received new trains (can't wait to check them out on 6/24!) It's not going to Dutch Wonderland. I could see HERCO building another not-so-wild coaster there, but since HP has the most coasters in PA and theat they call themselves the Coaster Capital of PA, I doubt that they would want to lose that by removing an existing coaster and replacing it with a new one. The TB will probably remain the way it is also. The way I've been hearing the marks and flags are laid out, they won't have wind all around this area (above the midways and all) Might as well tear it down and start from scratch if they would do that.
coastermatt

Postby dptalon135 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:29 pm

What is your back-up for all this information? Personally, I don't want to see some mega coaster flying all through Pioneer Frontier. I really like that are the way it is: heavily wooded, calm and quiet, a nice break from the areas like Midway America and Comet Hollow.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby sfnitro230 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:33 pm

Well, when I was at Hershey, there were many survey markers on the path and in the grass on and after coming down the hill from Sidewinder going into Pioneer Fronteer (unfourtunatly I didn't have my camera). Coastermatt, when you go, it would be great to see some pics of the survey markers and the new Trailblazer trains.
sfnitro230

Postby coastermatt » Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:07 am

I am planning on taking pictures of every thrill ride and, hopefully, every coaster when I go. It will be the week after next so I'll have the pictures up somtime after that at COASTERCRAZY http://members.tripod.com/matt.meckley

I am actually going right before the big Creation festival at the stadium and Giant Center which starts the day after I go and runs for four days, so I'll miss the big crowds!!
coastermatt

Postby SROSSFNE » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:16 pm

I hear that HP is getting a flying coaster now.
SROSSFNE

Postby dptalon135 » Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:55 pm

I have no idea where you heard that, everything is still pointing rocket. I'm heading out there on Monday, I'll see what's going on.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby SROSSFNE » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:22 pm

really, how do you only here rumors about rocket? i havent heard that for awhiile, all i know is if you were a S:UF shirt and wait in line for the wild mouse they will tell you that they are getting a S:UF.
SROSSFNE

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:20 pm

First of all, please don't quote the previous post, there is no need. Second, never trust what some random ride operator tells you at the park. Third, most of the popular roller coaster discussions sites are saying either an Intamin rocket, Intamin hyper, or B&M hyper :wink: .
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby SROSSFNE » Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:22 pm

Well just because these sites say those rides doesnt mean they are going to happen, i was just letting you know what i heard.

Now i heard that there is a paper in PA that is telling some of the specs of the new coaster, and that it is going to be announced on my B-day Aug. 4th. all i know is it doesnt sound like it is a type of coaster any of us think. i will update you later, but i think you guys should have the paper because it is somewhere in PA.

Here is the site, nothing is posted about it so dont believe it until they post something.

http://www.pennlive.com/patriotnews/
SROSSFNE

Postby sfnitro230 » Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:46 pm

Oh man...I will be on vacation on the 4th. I guess I will have to wait until I get back to find out what ride Hershey is getting for '04.
sfnitro230

Postby SROSSFNE » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:06 pm

ya, i will probably be at SFNE, the weekend before, so the day before, cuz the 4th is a monday, that sux huh? i have to have my b-day on a monday!

*Note From Admin* Do not quote the previous post.
SROSSFNE

Postby coastermatt » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:43 am

Exactly, what paper did you see specs. for a new coaster? Is it online? Also, how did anyone find out that the press event is scheduled for the 4th?
coastermatt

Postby dptalon135 » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:54 pm

I was out at Hersheypark yesterday... check out my findings at http://www.coasterdom.com/hp04
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby coastermatt » Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:17 am

This is what I found on PennLive.com in the Patriot news forums:

HERSHEYPARK will be announcing a HUGE new coaster next month, exceeding 200 ft, and being designed by Intamin of Switzerland. It will be located by the Trailblazer section of the park, with the station being located next to the Sidewinder rollercoaster, and the first major hill will go down that hill and back up by the Kissing Tower.

This is an exclusive leak! Spread the word.

I wonder if we are going to get a TTD clone or something similar. I only live about an hour to 45 minutes away and make trips every year. It would be sooooo COOL to have something like this at my home park! Although the way the flags and marks are laid out, which I checked out when I went on June 24, it probably will not just be an out and back with a 200 foot hill, but will probaly twist and turn through that section. Just a thought!!!! :lol:
coastermatt

Postby dptalon135 » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:18 am

It is most likely going to be a rocket launch coaster, which is the type TTD is. However, just being that type of coaster, it doesn't have to launch, go up, come down. The way the flags are arraged (look at the link in my previous post) it will have more of a layout to it. Also, I don't think it will exceed 200 feet, as most people have been saying 195, with a probable 200+ foot drop down a hillside.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Next

Return to Industry Discussion