Six Flags America 4/12

Just been on vacation? Tell us about your trips to other amusement parks around the world.

Moderator: dptalon135

Six Flags America 4/12

Postby Tori_is_neat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:37 pm

So, I spent the weekend in DC at my uncle's place. My birthday was last Saturday, and despite working at Dorney, I still wanna be able to go to other Six Flags aside from Six Flags Great Adventure, so my uncle got me a Six Flags season pass from Six Flags America considering it's $50 from down there compared to the $90 up here. Anyway, got there around 2:30 ish. Was done with season pass processing by 2:45. Headed over to Superman. One train wait for the 2nd to back. Always a good ride, and a nice ride for the first of the season. Went back to Batwing. Would have walked on to the second-to-back if it didn't get stuck in the lying position when the train came back. Awesome. Stood there for about five minutes, but ditched quickly. From there, I hit up Joker's Jinx. This was a walk on for the back. Stayed on a second time when the lady who was in line behind me didn't want to get on. Felt a little jarred and somewhat regretted the back. Still a fun ride, though. Really love the launch on that. Anyway, headed back to see if Batwing was open. Watched it from Superman's entrance for awhile, to see if it was running. Nope. Since I was in front of Superman, I figured I'd go on it. It was broken down, too. But, then, I noticed Batwing was running! Went to go see it...lady stopped me. It's just testing. Well, way to be. So, we decided to leave, but I wanted to hit Roar on the way out. I remember it being rough, but it couldn't be that bad, right?
Oh God. Ughh.
As we went down the first drop, I distinctly remember thinking "This was the worst idea of the day." It has a beautiful, beautiful layout. It seriously needs to be retracked or something. I just got tossed around like a ragdoll on a rocky road. I had such a headache afterwards. I appreciate Thunderhawk more and more everytime I go on newer coasters. Anyway, it was walk on for 3rd back. It was actually walk on for the very back, 2nd back, 4th, and 5th. But I thought I'd be safe sort of close to the back. Has anybody been closer to the front? Or in the middle? Is it smoother? I mean, I realize that the whole appeal of woodies is their roughness, but I don't think I can handle it. We left the park at that point. It was 4:06 when we left. Not bad for a short trip.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Return to Road Trips