Carowinds 4/2 Kings Dominion 4/3

Just been on vacation? Tell us about your trips to other amusement parks around the world.

Moderator: dptalon135

Carowinds 4/2 Kings Dominion 4/3

Postby HK36 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:30 am

Full Trip Report Coming Soon.

Intimidator Amazing!
i305 Crazy Fast!
HK36

Re: Carowinds 4/2 Kings Dominion 4/3

Postby Sunshine32 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Besides the first hill on I305 I think it way better than Millennium force! However Intimidator at Carowinds by far my favorite B&M coaster!!!!!!! Air time like woah!!!! :D I can't wait to hear your trip report! However, HK I did enjoy Ricochet!! :lol:
Sunshine32

Postby HK36 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Day 1
Started the day out right on what I think is one of the best Suspended B&M coasters... Afterburn. What a great way to kick off the coaster season! After this we took a stroll through the New Planet Snoopy. It looks really awesome everything was re themed very nicely. I really liked the new Peanut character costumes they had. Charlie Brown didn't look scary and plastic... He was welcoming and soft. Next up was Boo Blasters on Boo Hill lets just say this was disappointing and Boocifer was LAME. Next up was Thunder Run only running the North Carolina side and boy can you tell what parts where re tracked. After the headache from Thunder Run went away we got on Carolina Goldrusher which was a fun family coaster. Next up was Ricochet which is a really fun Mouse ride! I was all about 4 adults per car... you can definitely tell the difference of 4 adults compared to 2 adults. After that we headed over to what we had went to the park for... The Intimidator! The line was 3/4 full but with three trains running we didn't wait longer than 15 minutes or so. Lots of good air and G forces. It is definitely worth the trip just for Intimidator. The Queue and entrance plaza as well as the trains where themed very nicely it wasn't over the top but it wasn't the norm from Cedar Fair. After Intimidator we stopped off for lunch at the Jukebox cafe and it wasn't that appetizing... Our Chicken Sandwich and Burger were both burnt and dry. After lunch we hit up the back half of the park with Hurler which i hated but endured for the credit. The Carolina Cyclone looks really like they where trying to get rid of old paint so they made it 4 different colors. After that we tried out Vekoma's new trains on the Carolina Cobra and I do have to say it made the ride a lot more enjoyable. Next up was the Vortex which is their stand up coaster... I sat this one out and let my G/F ride this... im not all about the little seat that's on this ride. Since We had just driven all night and gotten absolutely no sleep we decided to hope on Intimidator one more time and call it a day cause we now had to drive back up to Virginia to the hotel that was at Kings Dominion.
Day 2
Started off the day with some delicious pancakes and some excellent service from the Denny's at our hotel. After breakfast we headed straight to i305 and the single rider line. It took us about 15 minutes to get onto the ride which was good because it only has 2 trains and a full queue. The lift hill is super quick you are up to the top in no time. The first drop feels like it goes on forever! When you come out of the first turn and up the first hill you start to black out and feel a lot of pressure on your eyes... But when you finally regain your sight you are quickly floating over the hill into a lot of quick turns and crazy G forces... If you don't know how to brace yourself these turns do hurt your neck because of the OTSR. As long as you know how to ride it you will agree it is slightly better than Millennium Force. After i305 we went and explored the rest of the park which had long lines and only a few units on each coaster... For example Backlot only had 1 train running! The Anaconda crew was slow and more interested in talking and moving slow than getting the trains out of the station on time... Just about every train that came back sat in Transfer for another 5 minutes till the attendants finished checking the train in the station. Shockwave and Hurler where both closed all day because i don't think they had them ready for opening weekend... Grizzly was a lot of fun i really like how its hidden back in the woods and how it makes me feel like im at Knoebels. Volcano's operation also moved very slowly but i didn't mind as much because it was actually a really fun ride. Rebel Yell only had one side running and was a lot smoother than Carowinds Thunder Run. For some reason I never really liked Dominator when it was at Geagua Lake... IdK if it was just because that park was depressing or what but i really liked it at KD... The lines where so long that we weren't able to ride everything we wanted to even though we stayed all night... But for the most part Kings Dominion was very enjoyable.

Carowinds:
Intimidator 2
Afterburn 1
Carolina Cobra 1
Carolina Goldrusher 1
Hurler 1
Vortex 1
Carolina Cyclone 1
Thunder Run 1
Ricochet 1
Boo Blaster on Boo Hill 1

Kings Dominion:
i305 2
Anaconda 1
Volcano 1
Avalanche 1
Dominator 1
Flying Eagles 1
Grizzly 1
Rebel yell 1
Backlot Stunt Coaster 1
Carousel 1

BTW i did not take the time to proof read this... Sorry.
HK36

Postby HK36 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Pictures aren't that great quality... The iphone can only do so much.

i305.jpg
i305.jpg (40.73 KiB) Viewed 2397 times

Domintor.jpg
Domintor.jpg (64.69 KiB) Viewed 2397 times

Backlot.jpg
Backlot.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 2397 times
HK36

Postby Yoshi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Sounds like KD's operations are just as bad as ever. They really need to step it up and run multiple trains and have faster dispatches before I consider going back.
Yoshi

Postby FutureMan2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:34 am

So which Intimidator is better in your opinion

Milestone Coasters:
150-Voyage
200-Behemoth
250-Intimidator
300-Kraken
FutureMan2

Postby HK36 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:01 pm

I like Intimidator better than i305... i305 just tries to hard to be the biggest and baddest. I enjoy the Big air time on Intimidator.
HK36

Return to Road Trips