Dorney, Knoebels, Hershey June 19-22

Just been on vacation? Tell us about your trips to other amusement parks around the world.

Moderator: dptalon135

Dorney, Knoebels, Hershey June 19-22

Postby New England Rep » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Hi everyone. In the end of June, I’ll be going to Dorney for one day, Knoebels for one day, and Hersheypark for two days. Any advice or tips you can give me will be greatly appreciated and can make my trip just that much better.

Dorney

I went to Dorney for the first time last August, and I spent 2 days at the park. However, I didn’t do the water park. All of the rides were walk-ons, but whenever I looked over to the water park, it was crowded. Is the water park usually that crowded?

This time, I’m doing the water park. Is there anything I should know before doing it? Any tips? I’ll be at Dorney from 10-5. Should I do the water park first from 11-2 or last from 3-5?

Knoebels

I’ve never been to Knoebels before. I plan on getting a pay-one-price. I’ve never been before so I could really use some advice. What is the best route to navigate the park? What order should I do for the rides? What rides have the longest lines when?

Hersheypark

Like Knoebels, I’ve never been before so I could really use some advice. What is the best route to navigate the park? What order should I do for the rides? What rides have the longest lines when?

I’ll be there for 2 days. I also want to do the Boardwalk water park and the Chocolate Factory. When/which day should I do those? For the Chocolate Factory, can I do that before the park opens? What tours should I do?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any feedback you can give me, regardless, will be much appreciated.
Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
New England Rep

Re: Dorney, Knoebels, Hershey June 19-22

Postby Yoshi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Wildwater Kingdom fills up fast, either get there right when the waterpark opens or go the last couple of hours it is open. If you go at opening, go to Aquablast first since that gets the longest line.

I have only been to Knoebel's once in 2008 and I got there in the middle of the day so I don't know that much about what order to go to the rides other than to go to Black Diamond first if it's early since that the capacity is low and it's new so it will probably have the longest line in the park.

For Hershey, I'd go to Skyrush first then Comet since Skyrush is going to have the longest line in the park and since Comet is popular and right next to Skyrush, it will probably get a longer line now as well. I'd then go to Fahrenheit and Storm Runner since Fahrenheit is low capacity and can get a long line.

I would get to the Boardwalk as soon as it opens and go to Rollersoaker since that also has a very low capacity, and the entire Boardwalk area gets long lines so if you can get there when it opens and beat the crowds, that should at least avoid some waiting in those lines.
Yoshi

Re: Dorney, Knoebels, Hershey June 19-22

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Are you going to be at the parks on a weekend, or all weekdays? If you'll be at any of these parks on weekdays, I would suggest just starting wherever you want, and wandering around. Go with the flow of the park, relax and enjoy, they're all great places. On a weekday, you shouldn't have any trouble getting everything in without rushing around. On a weekend though, Yoshi's suggestions are good.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Return to Road Trips