Kings Dominion

Just been on vacation? Tell us about your trips to other amusement parks around the world.

Moderator: dptalon135

Kings Dominion

Postby pc215 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:06 pm

I am taking a road trip down to Kings Dominion in a few weeks for the first time. Just wondering how the lines are at the park. Should I purchase Fast Lane passes or is it a waste of money? I would like to try all rides in one day. Does anyone have any ideas?
pc215

Re: Kings Dominion

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:58 am

If you are going on a weekend you might need Fast Lane. Regardless, I suggest getting there at opening and going right to Volcano. It is very popular and low capacity and gets a long line. Even with Fast Lane there is a limit of 2 rides on Volcano because Fast Lane was slowing the line down so much.
Yoshi

Postby pc215 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:29 am

Im actually thinking of going July 4th week. Maybe July 2nd since its a Monday the park might not be as crowded. Definantely not going on the 4th though. I just might get the Fast Lane passes to be on the safe side. I hate to wait for a coaster for 1-2 hrs!
pc215

Postby Grand Slam » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:43 pm

You won't need Fast Lane passes on a weekday at King's Dominion. I went on a Sunday and a Monday in 2010 at the end of July and the lines were not bad at all. Volcano was the longest line at 20-30 minutes. Everything else had about a 5-20 minute wait. It was very hot and maybe that kept the crowds down. But, I don't think you will have any problems on a weekday. I don't know what Saturdays are like, but you might need a Fast Lane Pass on a Saturday.
Grand Slam

Postby pc215 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Visited Kings Dominion on July 2nd. I have to say that this park is amazing. All of the coasters and rides were walk ons except for Volcano which was about a 10min wait which wasnt bad. We rode every coaster except for Avalanche. Intimidator 305 was insane. I nearly blacked out on that coaster. The Windseeker was an incredible ride and view of the park. The theming was awesome. The only downside was the water park. It is nothing like Wildwater Kingdom. Dorney gets all the props for that one. Other than that, the park was a great place. I would definately visit this park again in the future.
pc215

Return to Road Trips