Hersheypark - Springtime in the Park 10 APR 04

Just been on vacation? Tell us about your trips to other amusement parks around the world.

Moderator: dptalon135

Hersheypark - Springtime in the Park 10 APR 04

Postby HighSpeedThrillCoaster » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:33 pm

My sister and I went to Springtime in the Park, the free entry spring preview weekend. We arrived just after opening to a nice sunny spring day.

The park got pretty crowded quickly. I think they may need to start opening more of the park for the spring weekend.

I only had a few rides (1)SuperDooperLooper (2)GreatBear and (1)Dry Gultch RR. Everthing was running great, a little slow on the dispatches on Great Bear but not bad.

The main reason I went was to take a good look at Storm Runner. All I can say is WOW!! This is going to be an awesome ride! I can't wait! I took a bunch of pics of it and put them up on my Yahoo photos page. http://photos.yahoo.com/fitz1mil

It was very enjoyable to just walk around and take in the sights.

We stayed untill around 4PM and peeps were still pouring into the park. All in all it was a fun day out.

I know I will be spending a lot of time at Hersheypark this summer :)
HighSpeedThrillCoaster

Postby dptalon135 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:18 pm

Glad you had fun. I was trying to convince my family to go but we had too much else going on this weeken :( . I can't wait to ride Storm Runner... looks like a great ride. What was your opinion on how it fits into that area? That used to be one of my favorite areas of the park for its secludedness from the rest of the park, but I guess that's lost now.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby HighSpeedThrillCoaster » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:01 pm

I know what you mean about that area of the park. They took out the path that used to be the Turnpike track. I used to like to walk down that side of the creek. I'm not sure what to think, I was too busy looking up to really notice what effect it has on the area.

On another note I guess my pics made too much traffic for Yahoo. I have reports that the pics won't load. So I put them up here http://home.comcast.net/~genefitz/index.html
HighSpeedThrillCoaster

Return to Road Trips