wildwood new jersey

Just been on vacation? Tell us about your trips to other amusement parks around the world.

Moderator: dptalon135

wildwood new jersey

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:10 am

Went to wildwood on monday night, all of tues, and all of wed. It was a good time to go ! there was no traffic, all of it was coming home! The only down fall to this is that only one of moreys piers was open! It wasnt to crowded cause it is still considered off season. Not all of the shops were open on the boardwalk. Im sure they will all be open on the weekend. Mariners landing was open from 6 to 10 pm every night. We took a ride on the sea serpent, very good but a little rough when you are used to riding the talon and steel force! There is a new dark ride on the pier. It is called the pirates of wildwood. This is the old dark river ride and was converted over! Still it was not finished yet. They said It would be open this weekend! There old musik express was in very good condition making dorneys look like it is ready for the scrap yard! The waterparks are beautiful, very clean, very creative. The game rooms were very generous with the skill cranes. I came home with over seventy stuffed animals. I like to give them out to my customers at my pizzeria in pottstown. The kids love it! I talked to a local man that grew up with the morey brothers in west wildwood. This man was in his 80s and indeed the five remaining morey children are fighting over the property. It is no secret about this, for it has been going on for a long time now! He also said that the kids were more interersted in the money aspect then the piers itself and thats what happens when your the kids of the great morey brothers that did so much for wildwood! The one remaining morey brother that is retired dosnt come around cause of all the fighting with the kids! I hope they can resolve this. O ver all it was a good trip and the town looks good and clean!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby XxShinjiSaoxX » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:37 am

hey hey!

Phoenixville representin! :o) morey's piers is nostalgic for me even tho I'm only 17. Tho, i got my first upside down ride on the sea serpent and second inverted coaster ride on the great nor'easter. all of the coasters are exceptional there. Secondly, I really liked The Great White .. it's soo beautiful to look at and even better after riding it on humid nights in the summer. I particularly like coming out of the station and flowing under the boardwalk. I think Morey's is the best place for riding shore-wise in NJ. Do you know of any others?
XxShinjiSaoxX

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:14 am

Thats the beauty of wildwood. There is no other place like it in the world! Yes it is the best place at the shore to ride amusements! check out anthonys wildwood boardwalk super site... past, present, future. Cool pictures of the piers and previous attractions! And a new one called fun chase that just is dedicated to the past!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby rwk » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:55 am

I saw the sites, Wildwood was once the dark ride king! Now, Wildwood is more like thrill ride king but they still have some dark rides, but no proper fun houses anymore. Castle Dracula, 1976-2002 was a great haunted attraction/boat ride, burned down. Former Hunt's Pier just has the closed Golden Nugget Mine left, reopening 2005 on Morey's Piers.
rwk

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:00 pm

rwk if you are in to dark rides then go down and check out the lost pirates of wildwood! It should be open by now! This was the old dark river. Im sure you know cause your sharp when it comes to the dark ride stuff! Did you check out the very cool story on fred mahana who contributed so much to wildwood? That really touched me! Planet of the apes, kong, draculas castle, brigantine castle, stuff on the old fun pier, I think it was the lost world. There is so much more that im not going to get into. What im trying to say is that the creativity is lost forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will not see this kind of stuff anymore, and it really stinks!!!!!! when I was a kid I was amazed by the stuff at dorney and wildwood!!!!!!! Now ts just corporate trash! Insurance, law suits, and monster making companys have taken all the fun out of what the amusement industry used to be! It is still exciting but not the same! You cant be creative anymore cause your so afraid of who is going to sue you!!! somebody has to stand up and do somthing creative!!!!! These parks are in coaster wars! Im not sure it will last like this forever? Look at history. I mean I dont mind getting new coaters all the time at all of these parks but when i was a kid it just didnt happen all the time like it does now.
insaneaboutdorney

Return to Road Trips