Cedar Point May, 17 2003

Just been on vacation? Tell us about your trips to other amusement parks around the world.

Moderator: dptalon135

Cedar Point May, 17 2003

Postby DEVILDAN2000 » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:00 pm

Yea I know it kind of late, but hey I'm bored so I feel like typing.

I got at the park at around 10 am it was a cool day since the water temperature was only 52 degrees. The lines for the day were actually very good. The longest wait of the day was of corse Top Thrill Dragster. But other roller coasters like Corkscrew,Wildcat, Iron Dragon, Gemini, Blue Streak and Magnum XL-200 were only 5-15 mins wait. Mean streak, Mantis and Wicked Twister were half-hour waits. Raptor was an overkill 1 1/2 hour wait mostly because the ride kept shutting down during the day. Millenium Force was also bad at an breath-taking 2 1/2 hour wait. Mostly because they only had one train running. The others I did not see on the tracks for some reason.

As for the weather, it actually rose up to 81 degrees. According to the front clock. But it dropped like a rock overnight at around 8 a.m. to about 64. But it was sunny all day so the sun really helped with the warming.

This was my first trip to Cedar Point, but it won't be my last!
DEVILDAN2000

Postby dptalon135 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:23 am

So did you actually get to ride TTD? I'll be heading out to CP at the end of July, I really hope they get it running by then! If not, I still haven't been on Wicked Twister, as it was added the year after I was there.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby DEVILDAN2000 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:15 pm

Of corse I rode it. And it was only a 4-5 hour wait. But the ride was INSANE!! When I tried yelling, nothing came out! I could only really open my eyes for about 2 seconds at the very top of the coaster. And I could see everything, it made Millenium Force look tiny. I hope you get to ride it as long is it doesn't close. I'll keep you posted on wether or not it still running for the summer. Later-

P.S. Dorney this monday!
DEVILDAN2000

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:26 am

Wow, long wait... good thing I've got 2 jump-to-the-front-of-the-line passes :wink: . Have fun at Dorney, I'll be going sometime this week as well.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby sfnitro230 » Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:43 pm

Yep, I also have 2 jump-to-the-front-of-the-line passes :twisted: . I can't wait to go and it seems as Dragster has re-opened.
sfnitro230

Postby DEVILDAN2000 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:46 pm

anyone know where i can get these "jump-to-the-front-of-the-line-passes"
DEVILDAN2000

Postby sfnitro230 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:07 pm

Nope, you can't get them because they were only given out to ACE members at Eastcoaster last year. Cedar Point seems to give them out every year at Eastcoaster so become an ACE member and go to Eastcoaster next Feburary.
sfnitro230

Return to Road Trips