Geauga Lake 7/30

Just been on vacation? Tell us about your trips to other amusement parks around the world.

Moderator: dptalon135

Geauga Lake 7/30

Postby slnewbus » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:48 am

This is the first stop on our 3 Park tour in 4 days. This is the first of 3 or 4 trip reports. Here goes.

We left around 5:30am on July 30 to start our awesome trip of Geauga Lake, Cedar Point and Kennywood.

We arrived at Geauga Lake around 12:00pm. The parking lot for the park was pretty much full. We walked in and it was pretty much empty. Almost everyone was in the waterpark.

I walked up to the entrance, it looks like a knockoff of the Magic Kingdom's Entrance. It really was tight in there. There was almost no room. The park is really unorganized, and many parts of it look like employee only areas.

The first thing we did was Dominator. Wow! This was an awesome floorless. It ties Hydra and beats Medusa for me. We left the station. It felt weird not having the JOJO there. That lift seemed so long. It was really fast and had great pacing. It flew through the inversions and everything. The huge loop, the cobra and the corkscrews were awesome. It really was great. The views of the lake were great. 10/10 for being an unbelievable ride.

Next thing we rode were the Raging Wolf Bobs. This ride had good pacing and everything. It was all masked by the unbelievably crappy Gerstlauer trains. Those things suck. They restrict you so bad with those junky lapbars and they shuffle along the track. If this coaster had PTC trains it would be awesome. 5/10 for being a good ride with junky trains.

The next coaster we were going to ride was Villain, but it was closed for the time being, so we rode the Double loop. You may think I'm crazy, but I kinda liked this coaster. I think it might be the best of the Arrow loopers. It wasn't rough and it packed some pretty good g's in the loops. 8/10 for being a pretty good looper.

By the time we finished Double Loop the Villain was open again. What was the name of it when it was still Six Flags? The theming makes no sense for it is western and stuff. This coaster is another coaster that would be awesome if it had PTC trains. It really had good pacing. It has some serious potential to be an awesome ride. It had a nice drop and a bunch of big hills. 7/10 for being a good ride with junky trains.

Next coaster we rode was the Thunderhawk (slc). The line was long and it took forever. It took about 25 minutes (the only line we waited in all day). At Talon when we have a line this long it takes maybe 10 minutes to get through. This ride was so junky. It was rough, so much headbanging. After being around Talon so much, I have such high expectations for Inverted coasters. This ride sucked. No questions asked. It deserves no points. 0/10

After that we got some Dippin Dots and rode Dominator again. This coaster so so friggin awesome. It was the only really good ride at GL.

We headed to the other side of the park at this point and rode XFlight. This coaster wasn't too bad. I like Vekoma flyers. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. 8/10

We then rode the boomerang and the impulse. They arent even worth talking about 3/10 for both.

Next we rode the Big Dipper. I was all excited for it was a classic ride. I usually love them. This had to be the most poorly maintained wooden coaster I have ever rode. It was so slow, and the track was so junky. It crawled over the bunny hops, and there was no airtime. Was it always like this? 0/10

We had a good time at the park. It wasn't that great. It needs alot more work. I've heard that CF has fixed this park up alot, I can't imagine how bad it was when it was Six Flags.

2 or 3 more TR's coming up!
slnewbus

Postby FutureMan » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:15 pm

i have some questions slnewbuss.....
1. was the park clean?
2. on an overall ranking how was it?
3. was the water park better than dorney's?
4. if so could it be in the top 5?
5. dorney or geauga?
6. what do you think is the next coaster for them and where?
FutureMan

Postby slnewbus » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:35 am

1. It was clean.
2. Second to last to Gadv.
3. I didn't go in the waterpark for it was jammed. From the looks of it, Dorney's.
4. No. There are more phases coming in the future.
5. Dorney
6. IDK. IDC.
slnewbus

Postby FutureMan » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:03 pm

thanks
FutureMan

Postby slnewbus » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:16 am

WWK has been in the top five in recent years, in fact, number 2. And Aquablast has won best water ride in recent years as well.
slnewbus

Postby FutureMan » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:15 am

WWK is no longer in any of that! i don't care about recent years, I WANT NOW!!!
FutureMan

Return to Road Trips