Park History

Give us your feedback on Dorney Park Online. Ask any site related questions here as well, including affiliate requests. You do not need to be registered to post in this forum, though any off-topic messages will be immediately removed.

Moderator: dptalon135

Park History

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:03 pm

There seems to be a huge amount of interest in Dorney Park's history recently. We have a History section which we will continue to revise, but I am also interested in adding a Timeline of the park, and make it as completely detailed as possible, and I'll need help with it. Along with that help, if anyone has any old pictures of the park, I'd love to have them to add to the History and upcoming Timeline sections. Credit will be clearly given to the photographer. Thanks!!
Last edited by dptalon135 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby rwk » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:46 am

I have lots of old pics and brochures, though I don't have them scanned, it'll take a while, my scanner's slow. Most of the stuff is from the 70's/80's when the park was more "traditional" prior to Cedar Fair. I also have almost every Dorney brochure from '93 up. dptalon I know you want them, I'll send them a bit at a time. Maybe you could add to the History section with pics of all the defunct rides of DP. Some of the 70's brochures have little pics of every ride. It's gonna be pretty hard to scan brochures, though when they're all folded out and I don't want to damage them since they're a piece of history, I got them on Ebay and I only have one copy of each.
rwk

Postby dptalon135 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:27 am

That's great! I think it's better to get a few at a time, so there's something for people who visit the site to look forward to, where if I add all of them at once, they'll be looked at at that's it. I very much look forward to having them, as I think information on the past is the only thing the site is really missing.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:26 pm

Is there going to be any old pictures posted in the history section in the future?
insaneaboutdorney

Postby dptalon135 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:07 pm

I have a few a member sent to me, which I'll post some time... just need to figure out a good way to set it up. I could always use more though...
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:53 pm

Ill be more then glad to share my collection with everyone! I really have tons of stuff! i just need to know how to get it to you and then get the stuff back
insaneaboutdorney

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:25 pm

Hmm you don't have a scanner?
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:50 pm

No, sorry I dont, but what ever i have is yours to put on the site! I plan on getting a printer and scanner in the near future. For now I could mail you some stuff and then you could send it back? Or if you live near me I could drop it off. If there is anyone else out there that loves dorney park then this collection is worth seeing! With out getting in too deep let me just say a couple of things I have. I have a nice aerial photo from a magazine in 1990 which is really neat cause you see the old parking lot where the entrance, talon, etc.. are now. Also journey to the center of the earth construction photos, color photos of the zodiac, old monster, flying bobs,srambler, gold mine, thunder hawk when it was just painted yellow, just about every brochure from 1934 to present. Also ,The old dorney park sign that sat out on 222( a tall narrow tower with alfundos head on the top), Also a book from 1954 with the thunderhawks (coaster) picture of it getting changed from a out and back to the way it is today! There is so much more but thats all for now.
insaneaboutdorney

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:21 pm

OK, I got a printer,scanner,copy,fax combo. Im a little slow with the computer thing so give me some time to figure this stuff out! Got tons of stuff for everyone on this site to see! Cant wait!
insaneaboutdorney

insaneaboutdorney read

Postby rwk » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:54 am

Do you have any shots of the old rides like Bucket O' Blood, Gold Mine, lower part of park before the "renovations", the upper entrance before Wildwater Kingdom pre-1985, unusual Journey pics, and the lower part of park before the 83 fire?
rwk

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:17 am

The awnser is yes! I have alot of things to show all my friends at DPO!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby rwk » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:33 pm

I have some stuff I can share with you. I have Journey to Center of the Earth interior pics, pics from 1973 including aerial shots, pics from 1983-84 showing the dutchman, miniature coaster, going up the lift of wooden coaster looking back over park, the waterfall by the old french fry stand with Journey to Center of Earth in background, lower entrance showing Mandarin House sign approx. 1983. Also, brochures from 70's, 80's showing alot of the defunct stuff. Postcards of the Pirate's Cove (Bucket O' Blood) dark ride in 60's, Swiss Chalet which was attatched to the Iceberg where Patio Pizza is now. I have a fax/printer/scanner so I could scan some stuff asnd send it to DPO.
rwk

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:20 pm

Anything you guys could send in would be great! If you could, try to scan stuff in at a high quality around 300dpi (you should find that in your scanner settings somewhere) so all the stuff can look great when I make it suitable for the web. When you have some stuff to send, contact me somehow (email, AIM, PM) and we'll figure out something.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby alfundo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:49 pm

wow, sounds like you guys are gonna be set. i'm looking forward to seeing the collection. :shock:
alfundo

Postby FutureMan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:00 pm

any idea when it is going to be up?
FutureMan

Next

Return to Comments, Questions, Suggestions