Locking Topics

Give us your feedback on Dorney Park Online. Ask any site related questions here as well, including affiliate requests. You do not need to be registered to post in this forum, though any off-topic messages will be immediately removed.

Moderator: dptalon135

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:48 pm

Just to clear up the rule for maeryk, you are allowed to quote. We simply prefer that you not quote the entire post preceding yours, as it's pointless. You may quote posts prior to that, or if the post before yours was long, you may quote portions of it.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby FutureMan » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:57 pm

i do not see that many locked topics!
FutureMan

Postby rollercoaster2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:27 am

The whole forum is locked topic now! You keep locking the topics people look at and no one will come to this site! :x
Last edited by rollercoaster2 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rollercoaster2

Postby sfnitro230 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:08 am

The reason we lock so many topics is because many topics get off topic. Locking topics does not prevent people from looking at them, they just can not post to them anymore. We (the admins) do what we feel is necessary to keep the forums a great place for people to discuss Dorney Park!
sfnitro230

Postby rollercoaster2 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:35 am

the forums aren't a great place when each topic that's "hot" get locked!
if we "go off topic" just tell us instead of locking them!
rollercoaster2

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:10 pm

We always do warn, but nobody pays attention, so it gets locked. A lot of topics have been locked lately because of pointless arguing that is not going anywhere, and is usually irrelevant to the topic in the first place. Some topics also get to a point where and employee gets close to saying stuff that could get them in trouble with the park, and we don't want that happening.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby FutureMan » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:31 pm

They always give us far warning but there was just one topic that shouldn't be locked..... The maverick topic. Dptalon135 posted a minute before me and I didn't see your post because I was typing mine.

The forums are fine the admins are fine but we (the arguing people of Dorneyonline) are the problem.
FutureMan

Postby slnewbus » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:18 pm

I believe this thread should be locked.
slnewbus

Postby FutureMan » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:25 pm

We are talking about locked topics and that is the topic.
FutureMan

Postby sttalon05 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:15 pm

okay..so this if you go back and read the whole thing, is really stupid. It sounds like every other topic that got locked...it's there site Alfundo...they pretty much create the rules. Noone is forcing you to stay here. And I agree that if something gets off topic, they have the right to warn and lock the topic.
sttalon05

Previous

Return to Comments, Questions, Suggestions