dead forums?

Give us your feedback on Dorney Park Online. Ask any site related questions here as well, including affiliate requests. You do not need to be registered to post in this forum, though any off-topic messages will be immediately removed.

Moderator: dptalon135

dead forums?

Postby slnewbus » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:42 pm

Why are the forums dead? Something needs to be done to fix them.

We need to attract new (not obnoxious) members. We also need to cut down on spam with some of our current members. Both of these things will help bring back the forums and make them so much better when they are back.
slnewbus

Postby rollercoaster2 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:01 pm

maybe the forums need a makeover!?
:)
rollercoaster2

Postby sfnitro230 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:29 pm

We try our best to make the forums a good community. We remove all spam we see and lock posts when it is necessary. We don't feel it is necessary to make any changes at this point but we are willing to listen if you have any suggestions!
sfnitro230

Postby rollercoaster2 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:10 pm

You should maybe try getting a link on the dorney website and some websites for the area?
rollercoaster2

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:40 pm

I think the forums are dead for a couple of reasons. 1st its the holidays and alot of people are out and about with family and friends and shopping etc. 2nd I have noticed in the past that some of the posters will get jumped on by other members for there opinions and the moderators accusing the memebers for going off topic when they really were not! I have not heard from dannerman in a long time now and he is one of our long time posters. Im just thinking here. I have nothing against anyone here. Im just trying to help.
insaneaboutdorney

Postby UdoTch » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:25 am

Forums are a bit dead because several long-time members are upset over recent turns of other users.
UdoTch

Postby Bailey » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:32 pm

Hey, it's winter, people are at school or working, we're in the midst of the holidays and everyone is busy. Of course people are going to post less on an amusement park site at this time.

I think this website is great and I enjoy coming here and reading the posts in the forums. I think sometimes people could be a little nicer to each other but overall, the tone is great. I think the administrators of the site are doing a great job.

As for me, I renewed my season pass and gave two more as Christmas gifts. One of things I enjoy most about this site, is that when I sign on, I immediately see how many days, hours, and minutes until the park opens. Gives you something to look forward to.

Give each other a break here. Take a deep breath. Go snowboarding or something. But stop trying to fix something that isn't broken.
Bailey

Postby alfundo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:50 pm

Bailey wrote:But stop trying to fix something that isn't broken.

hear, hear...bravo, bravo...clap, clap

i don't post as much because of the locked or disappearing threads. when the members start feeling oppressed (as i believe the case is here) they will go elsewhere and occupy their time differently.
alfundo

Postby maeryk » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:58 pm

really freakin long-time internet user here:

Gaming and chat go down in the summer, because people are out doing other things.

Forums go down in the winter, because.. um.. people are out doing other things. :)

It's the holidays.. folks are on winter break or on vacation, or just busy at work making up for the 3/4 of the staff that is taking vacation (grumble) so they don't have time to post. Not to mention, forums about something that won't be open for 128 days get more traffic when said thing is _open_.

That said.. I love this board, love the forums, and have the ability to scroll when I see posts from certain folks that I know are going to be long winded and reptitive of the same thing said six times previously. :)

Maeryk
maeryk

Postby rollercoaster2 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:54 am

The forums aren't dead anymore!! :D
rollercoaster2

Postby slnewbus » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:55 pm

This thread spurred it back to life! YAY!!!!
slnewbus

Postby Hydra » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:30 pm

yay! im new and obnoxious. lol.
Hydra

Return to Comments, Questions, Suggestions