"General Discussion" and "News and Rumors&quo

Give us your feedback on Dorney Park Online. Ask any site related questions here as well, including affiliate requests. You do not need to be registered to post in this forum, though any off-topic messages will be immediately removed.

Moderator: dptalon135

"General Discussion" and "News and Rumors&quo

Postby Steelforceguy » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:51 am

It seems to me folks are posting items in the "News and Rumors" instead of the "General Discussion" section.

It's happened twice now--once with Flying Phil's Aerial photos and now again with the 2006 Park map. (I was the one who posted the duplicate post about Flying Phils in the Gerneral Discussion section when it was already posted in the News and Rumors).

Is Flying Phil's website updated for Wildwater Cove Pics, or Dorney making a small update to their website "news" worthy to be posted in the News section? To me it's just a "by the way", smaller kind of thing--as in "General Discussion".

To me, "News and Rumors" is an area for more bigger topics, like park press releases, accidents, or topics previously posted in some other form of "official news", such as the Morning Call. Rumors and buzz about possible changes to the park also of course would go in this area.

What to you all (especially the moderators) think? After all, if Flying Phil can be posted in "News and Rumors", then why couldn't other topics, such as T-Hawk getting retracted, or the trains being cycled on Hydra also be posted in this area? (to me these are general chat posts) Couldn't just about any topic be deemed "news" in one way or another?

It's really not that big of a deal, but a clarification of this issue would make it easier to read/post on the forums, and also prevent the mods from having to lock duplicate posts.

Oh, and by the way, I just noticed for the first time this season that the cars on the Ferris Wheel are back on). It's getting to be that time of year! 8) (If you've ever noticed, the ride units on the Ferris Wheel are one of the first rides to be taken down in the fall, and then one of the first rides to have cars re-installed in the spring)

-SteelForceGuy
Last edited by Steelforceguy on Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steelforceguy

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:30 am

I'm actually considering merging the two sections together, I just need to figure out what the best method to do this would be. As for the park coming together... I can say that Thunderhawk has all of its cars on the track, and Steel Force had at least one train on last time I was at the park. 29 days to go :D .
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby dannerman » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:46 am

I think the sections should remain separate. General Discussion is more just about Dorney in general.. including wish lists, anecdotes, etc.

News and Rumors is more for things the parks announce ("News") and things that people have heard that haven't been officially confirmed ("Rumors"). With that said, perhaps the external photo updates would be better suited for the General Discussion topic.

Regardless, it's not hard to use the search function before making a post. It can be very useful in findind whether or not a topic has been posted before. (Note: I don't mean that in a derogatory manner but can't think of any other way to phrase it)
dannerman

Return to Comments, Questions, Suggestions