LANECO!!!!!

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

LANECO!!!!!

Postby slnewbus » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:24 pm

:-) Wasn't it the best? I got this piece of memorabilia the other day.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/s ... 1168460631
slnewbus

Postby maeryk » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Well, having worked for the Bartilucci's, I have to say No, it was not the best. :)
maeryk

Postby slnewbus » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:49 pm

lol I wouldn't know about that....I just loved the store.... you have to tell me some stories...
slnewbus

Postby Kozmo 1 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:32 pm

Yeah, that store was great....I have a cheeto's advertisement sign I swiped from behind the store at the dumpster back before they closed.

I went to the coopersburg store all the time when I was a kid, I wish I could see around the back of Giant to see what became of the rest of the store they closed off.....one thing though, they should definatly update their bathrooms...lol...what a dump.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby slnewbus » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Oh I know, thats my place of employment. :-). Once the gas station is built there should be a renovation. The store is pretty dumpy, it needs alot of work. I get embarrassed by those bathrooms. It was exciting seeing the back when I first started. The break area is in the video rental section. It is mainly storage back in the 2 rooms. (the one Giant cut off from the store and the one Laneco cut off when it was consolidating). It was weird seeing it though since its been so long. Its funny in the one room (the old CR pharmacy from like 15 years ago) you can see 3 paint jobs that the store has had. The one from when laneco renovated, then the old one, then some orange one from before that. Its pretty funny.
slnewbus

Postby Kozmo 1 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Cool...you mean the drugstore that was next door? Back off where the produce is now? Where they had the opening that went into the store for a while....I remember that, that store was huge.

I also remember the snackbar in the middle of the store....great food.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Return to Chatterbox