Scary evacuation at some park

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Scary evacuation at some park

Postby nobrakes07 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:48 am

I found this clip on another site of people getting off a ride that got stuck and as some of the people were getting off, the train started to move with some people still sitting in the train with their restraints open and you can see a person close their restraint right before the train rolled down the first drop. http://www.vkmag.com/videos/video_foutje_in_de_python/
nobrakes07

Postby slnewbus » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:43 am

Yeah I was amazed. They evacd the wrong way.
slnewbus

Postby Steelforceguy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:57 am

As far as my personal experinces, Dorney evacs from the back of the train to the front....something about not having to walk past guests still locked in the train.

Wonder if they'll change their practices cause of this?

-SFG
Steelforceguy

Postby slnewbus » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:16 pm

It depends on the situation. If it is half on half off everything is different. I thankfully have not had to deal with one of those situations.
slnewbus

Postby UdoTch » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:59 pm

TIKES!. The reason that train starts moving is because of the shift of weight, but that is indeed scary.

Honestly unless something is wrong with the brakes i imagine maintenance would attempt to push it off instead of evac-ing.

I would imagine they would somehow lock the train in place if they really needed to evac it too.

But honestly thats so scary!
UdoTch

Postby DorneyMan88 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:38 am

The only reason this happened in this situation is because part of the chain was hanging off the top of the lift. It was the worst spot the train could stop. I doubt Dorney would change their procedures because something like this would be very rare.
DorneyMan88

Re: Scary evacuation at some park

Postby Kozmo 1 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:56 am

It probably happens more often than one would think. And yeah, it would be better to push it over, that is until you have your one crybaby that insists on being evacuated because it's "so much safer" than restarting the ride. But I imagine at some 3rd world park like that they probably would restart it anyway and the hell with them.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Re: Scary evacuation at some park

Postby Yoshi » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:06 am

When I was evacuated from GASM on the brake run, they went from back to front even though the front was closer to the station. What was scary was on the left side there was nothing, no rail or walkway (you exited on the left side) and if someone lost their balance or tripped they could have fallen.

Sitting in those cramped cars for 30 minutes was horrible, especially since we didn't get anything like an exit pass. At least at Dorney they give you a coupon for a free soda. Plus they are faster, when I had to be evacuated off Thunder Creek Mountain (the boat was on the lift), someone was there in 2 minutes and the whole process from when the ride stopped to when I exited the ride area was maybe 5 minutes total.
Yoshi

Return to Chatterbox