Huh?

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Huh?

Postby rwk » Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:48 pm

Maybe I have failed to be a decent citizen here? I can tell when mods start closing topics that I'm not wanted here. I resign, effective immediately. I'm sorry for my nonsense posts. I have my views and you have yours. See you next summer at the park. The End.
rwk

Postby dptalon135 » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:33 pm

We're closing the topics because:
1) They are repeats of what we already know and what you've already said, with stuff being discussed in at least one other long topic
2) They have no point

It's nothing personal against you, we'd be doing the same thing if it was another member.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby DorneyDante » Sun Nov 09, 2003 2:11 pm

Wow, dptalon, this guy amazes me more everyday. He is taking it personally rather than seeing the rationality of the situation. His topics are being closed for rational reasons in that they are completely reiterating the same ideas over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. RWK, you ARE welcome here and I know I do appreciate what you contribute to the site, just stop making the same posts and saying the same things in every single one of your posts, its as simple as that. No one here dislikes you, the mods don't close your posts because they don't agree with what you are saying. Heck, if that were the case lots of posts would probably be closed. They are closing your posts for the reason I stated above. At least give it a week or two before you bring up the same point again in one of your posts. Also, if you are that avid a fan of dark rides and the glory days of amusement parks I'm fairly sure there are messageboards that will entertain that type of discussion in the same matter that this one entertains all DP discussions. Once again, you ARE welcome here and you do contribute positively to the site. You are breaking a rule pertinent to any messageboard on the internet in that you are making the same posts and reiterating the same ideas over and over again which is therefore "cluttering" the messageboard. Once again, this is not a personal attack against you, don't take it personally, the mods have just reason to take the actions that they are taking. Try to see it from their POV and ours (the people who read the messageboard.) I can give you an example..........I am really passionate and have strong opinions on the whole Hercules deconstruction situation. I don't make a post every other day and ask why why why and what if, who, how, blah blah blah. It would get repetitive and redundant. It is easier to keep the same ideas confined to a single post.
DorneyDante

Postby rwk » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:58 am

Yeah, the thing that upsets me is that traditional parks with older rides are slowly dying and vanishing, wheras the corporate owned park with 200-ft tall coasters and stuff are taking over America. Everything in America has gone corporate, it's like every Wal-Mart in every town looks the same. The big guys cause the little guys to go out of business. Look at inner cities. What a waste, boarded up shops, people killing each other, my mom said it was actually safe to walk the streets of Allentown in the 50's/60's. And the shops were nicer, and not all of them were vacant or boarded up. Times have changed. Today's young generation grows up in a more dangerous world than their parents, grandparents. Look at 9/11, Iraq war, recession, higher crimes, especially in inner cities. I bring this up because why are so many people afraid to talk to other people, such as me on AOL messenger or face-to-face, when I'm at DP I see cute girls and try to talk to them, but some of them ignore me, they do that on the AOL messenger, too like 'who is this?' and sign off. And it turns out they're under 20. I see girls at the park that look 25 (real tall) and they're 15.
rwk

Postby DorneyDante » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:27 pm

I'm sorry but you completely lost me with that last post. :?
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:27 pm

Uhh yeah, this got off topic, hopefully you got the point of what we were all trying to say...
dptalon135
Site Admin

Return to Chatterbox