The Eagles part 2

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

The Eagles part 2

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:35 pm

Is it just me, or is everyone getting nervous about the playoffs?
insaneaboutdorney

Postby DorneyParker01 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:41 pm

I am not nervous about the playoffs, EAGLES all the way baby. The superbowl though, that worries me. AFC = Tough.
DorneyParker01

Postby hydrajunkie » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:19 pm

you always gotta look at the upside to the situation, i think the eagles will sail through the nfc, the two weeks before the super bowl there will be no confirmation of whether or not TO is gonna play (hes in his hyperbolic chamber right now getting healed) and hell return and make defenses scared and well be fine

the advantage lies in the fact that teams dont really have film to look at of how our offense will run, the starters havent played more than a series since TO went down, so do they look at film from a year ago? reid and brad childress will have so much fun with this advantage and use formations that the nfc wont know about

don't fret, take a deep breath, enjoy this weekends games.... then once kickoff begins at the linc hold your breath on every play
hydrajunkie

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:12 pm

Well its going to be the vikings! I just want to see the eagles kick the crap out of them and then whoever for the nfc championship game. I dont want to wait or hope for another year for them to get into the superbowl!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby dannerman » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:33 pm

Do you know what would be funny? I'm an Eagles fan and all, but I think it would be hilarious if they did it 4 years in a row.

Of course, everyone would say it's because they don't have TO :wink:
dannerman

Postby hydrajunkie » Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:00 pm

saying its cause of TO would only be making an excuse ... they should of won last year but westbrook got hurt, TO hasnt propelled us to anything we couldnt have achieved without em, its the superbowl where well need his help
hydrajunkie

Postby dannerman » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:25 pm

..and saying it's because of Westbrrok isn't an excuse? It's the same thing.. just a different player because it's a different year.
dannerman

Postby RCTForce » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:43 pm

They aren't going to win, with or without TO or Westbrook. They simply are not as good as NE or the Steelers. I would love to see them win, but living in Philadelphia most of my life, I know that the city has some type of curse with sports. Remember Smarty Jones and all the hype, that's how baddly Philly needs a win.
RCTForce

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:31 pm

Well the eagles did it!!!! They got into the superbowl after 24 years! I was 10 or 11 years old and watched the raiders kick the crap out of the eagles in superbowl 15 but lets just enjoy the big victory today for awhile and then we will go from there!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby UdoTch » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:07 am

But my wish for an ALL PA Superbowl was crushed!
UdoTch

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:15 pm

Can the eagles beat the patriots? I think they can with there best game ever, but its not going to be easy.
insaneaboutdorney

Postby UdoTch » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:08 pm

TO's playing....
UdoTch

yeah

Postby ouch » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:11 pm

TO played a great game, but you can't expect to win the game when you throw 4 interceptions. McNabb was, at times, great.. threaded some great passes, but at times, awful.. a few of those interceptions were outrageously bad. Other than that, some recievers dropped some really big passes. Westbrook dropped one that he coulda ran for another twenty yards afterwords. A few others dropped some passes as well. the patriots played a very sloppy game in terms of penalties. All in all i think both teams could of played MUCH better, but i was glad that it was a close game.
ouch

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:23 am

I think this was a steping stone for the eagles. They can learn from this and try to get back into the same situation next year. I said before the game started if they turn the ball over more then 2 times they will lose the game and they did and they were sloppy. I am very proud of my team for playing right up there with the patriots till the very end of the game.
insaneaboutdorney

Postby hydrajunkie » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:33 am

i am proud too of my team, my only criticism is that they didnt seem to be in any sort of hurry up mentality, 46 seconds left and they wasted about 30 of those seconds on a play that got them back to the line of scrimmage, poor clock management.... otherwise im proud especially since everybody said the eagles are the fourth best team in the nfl (behind new england, indy and pittsburgh), yet we lost by 3 to them, the steelers lost by 14, and the colts lost by 27, so whats that really say. im supremely confident the birds are gonna be right back there next year, so philly fans hold your head high, we can say we made it to the super bowl rather than we lost four straight nfc title games
hydrajunkie

Next

Return to Chatterbox