MTV Road Rules has come to its end?

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

do u think "road rules" should be cancelled?

yes
43%
no
57%

Total votes : 7

MTV Road Rules has come to its end?

Postby KoasterKid61 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:30 pm

each year mtv renews the real world and road rules together at the same time. but this time, the real world was renewed until 2008 (next season is in austin) and the real world/road rules challenge was renewed until 2006 (next season is naughty vs. nice). road rules was not renewed at the same time. so there is talk of it being cancelled. the reason i heard was that the ratings didnt go well with x-treme. i really dont want it to be cancelled cuz its really popular in my skool and i am a huge fan. they should also remeber it was the first reality show to have a prize feature in it. wat do u guys think?
KoasterKid61

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:34 am

MTV should be cancelled! Does MTV play music anymore? MTV stands for music television! I wasnt sure if anyone new that.
insaneaboutdorney

Postby dannerman » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:23 am

I think "u" should type the words out and go back to "skool" to realize it's a school :wink:

I agree with insaneaboutdorney.. MTV should get back to Music. Either that, or change their name.
dannerman

Postby UdoTch » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:21 am

Sorry guys, MTV will stay the way it is. Makes too much money and has become an industry leader in knowing what's 'cool' Which is a big help to its parent company. Especially the CBS part of it. Expect to see MTV involved somehow in the reinvention of the CBS news after Dan Rather leaves.

But to me Road Rules never real excited me. Now Real World keeps me entertained, but not Road Rules. So perhaps Road Rules is going down the tubes.
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:17 pm

insaneaboutdorney wrote:MTV should be cancelled! Does MTV play music anymore? MTV stands for music television! I wasnt sure if anyone new that.

Ive been thinking this for a long time. Its now STV (Show Television). Its Music Television. Show videos?

As for the show road rules, Im not a huge fan, but I watch it every once and a while.

However, if they could cancel it and play videos during it's air time that would be much better. Personally, except for Punk'd, Viva La Bam, and Boiling Points, every other show should be removed from MTV, and make it music television again.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby RCTForce » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:19 pm

Personally I'm not a big fan of Road Rules. The Real World is much more intresting and you get to know the cast better.
RCTForce

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:47 pm

In any way, if MTV wants to keep its shows and not be music television, it should keep Road Rules. However, if it wants to not suck as a channel it should go back to the videos, but nothing good like that would ever happen, would it?
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby RCTForce » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:31 pm

Stop crying about it, if you want music videos you can find them online. They make much more money doing what they have done, which is why they don't have music videos much anymore.
RCTForce

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:27 am

Music Videos are small, blurry, and screw up online. On TV they are big, clear, and cool. That's the difference.

And I am not crying about it. I just think in my mind the whole world is falling apart around me, that's all... :twisted:
Seiko Zoorhess

who cares

Postby ouch » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:31 am

if online they are small and on tv they are big? on both versions you get to hear the song, and see what's going on in the video. Get over it.
ouch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:05 pm

You know, Im trying to address a complex issue here and your just being plain annoying. Videos on TV or Videos on the web, it's annoying that we can't just watch them on the internet, normal size, good sound quality, and they don't freeze. Would that be such a problem?
Seiko Zoorhess

actually

Postby ouch » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:51 pm

Yeah, it would.

a FULL size regular video would take about 40MB to store... now take that and times it by all of the videos, and all of the bandwidth issues that would occur with file sizes that large.. and you have one huge problem. Add into account that many places have bandwidth limits.. for example, at Penn State they can't use more than like 200MB per week... so using your method, they could watch a total of 5 videos per week and do NOTHING else on the Internet.

I'm not being annoying, I'm telling you how it is. And if MTV is a "complex" issue to you.. then I'm leaving this conversation...
ouch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:19 pm

Why the heck did I end up double posting when I cleary hit edit is beyond me, but read the below only...
Last edited by Seiko Zoorhess on Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:20 pm

I think we can all agree than megabyte use on the internet of websites is pretty retarded and extremely annoying. Its really just the point that internet in general is just plain annoying.

I do apologize for saying you were being annoying, I have been having some really family problems today, so sorry.

I mean, if videos have to be small, can't they at least not freeze, and not be blurry?

This is kind of going off topic, but again, Road Rules should only be canceled if they want to replace it's running time with music videos. Otherwise, its a decent show, and it should be kept.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby dannerman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:04 pm

Seiko, the videos you find online are the EXACT same size as the ones on TV. It's your computer monitor that's different.

The resolution of a TV is 320x240 (well, HDTV is different, but I'm talking about standard TV) When you port it to a computer, that is pretty small-looking, even on an 800x600 resolution, not to mention 1024x768 that many people use.

As for blurriness, if you take that "small" video and try viewing it full-screen it will pixellate pretty badly (pixellate = "look blocky") Some softwares try to smooth things out when it piexellates, and that's what makes it look blurry. You're actually better viewing things at 100%, even if it may be smaller.

The other issue with online downloads, is that there's a ton of compression going on because of the sheer volume of data, and there's on the order of hundreds of compression codecs (even separate codecs in one file for audio and video). If you don't have a codec, wmp usually tries to download it if it can, but it can't always find the codec.

The only way they could make downloadable music videos "real size", they'd have to shoot them with the higher resolution, which costs a lot more. Why do that when most of your audience uses TVs who'll shrink it down to 320x240 anyway? Not to mention that the online version would be on the order of 10MB/min.
dannerman

Next

Return to Chatterbox