MTV Road Rules has come to its end?

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

do u think "road rules" should be cancelled?

yes
43%
no
57%

Total votes : 7

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:35 am

Again, your right, but it's still annoying...

To tell you the truth, I always view the videos at the size they are supposed to be, and I shrink them down if they look blurry, but none the less they still are. I really have to go get more music dvds (the only ones I have is the Evanescence Anywhere But Home DVD, and the bonus dvd in Seether's Disclaimer 2).
Seiko Zoorhess

MTV music

Postby rwk » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:35 am

In my opinion alot of today's music sucks anyway like all the rap crap and teeny music, I prefer classic rock and 80's music, there's some good rock of the 90's (3rd eye blind, Dave Matthews) but the rest sucks. I can remember when Michael Jackson played alot on MTV in 82-83 like Billie Jean, Beat It. And Billy Joel, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Madonna, etc. Today's music seems to be marketed at youths and most of the artists are under 30. Example, the biggest teen pop stars of the late 90's like Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake were born in 1981. And 90% of their fans are what, 10-12? Today's music has no substance compared to old music. Alot of the pop music is thunk up by record execs to make a buck and they get anyone they can to sing it, no matter how bad their voice is or how slutty they are. Eveytime TRL comes on with Carson Daly it's all teens in the audience and the videos are all the crappy stuff, rap crap or Britney-Hilary teeny music aimed at 10 yr olds. Even the radio is no better, B104 used to play more 80's but recently they play more newer stuff. WLEV 100.7 Soft Rock has gone retro they play alot of 70's and 80's music. So does 99.9 The Hawk.
rwk

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:42 am

My problem is that I am way too open minded when it comes to music, I like pretty much everything. I have to agree with you that there is way too much rap out in the world. The only rap I like is combination bands like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, Nu-Metal. Oh, and the Black Eyed Peas. Otherwise, everyone else needs to be beaten with something.

But every other kind of music I like, that is played on MTV that is. I like new and old music, whether it's from the 70's, 80's, 90's, or today. Throw it at me, and chances are I will at least the group is decent. There isn't too many videos (that are not rap) I have turned down in not buying the CD.

Personally, me and the radio don't mix. I'll make a mix Cd and not have to listen to any bad songs over the radio anytime. As far the artist themself, I don't care what they have done (For example, Britney gets married every week, but I liked some of her hits here and there, mostly ones from her first Cd, now she is horrible), If I like their music, I'm listening to them.
Seiko Zoorhess

Previous

Return to Chatterbox