Favorite Movie Of All Time?

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Do you know your favorite movie?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes : 5

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:16 pm

Speaking of favorite movies, One of my christmas presents was the movie where angels go trouble follows. I must say it was a very good movie and the dorney park segment was excellent!!! Many rides were shown in its 4 or 5 minute spotlight. The movie was shot in dorney park in 1968 and shows the coaster, rockets, journey, concessions, scrambler, skydiver, trabant, spider, you can also see some groves in the backrounds! having it on dvd was a treat, for the quality was excellent!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:26 pm

That's cool. I will have to try and get it. TV Shows like Point Pleasant (filmed in San Diego, what the heck is that?), movies like Not Another Teen Movie, and more have shows theme parks, or piers. It must cost some money to that. I mean, I think the park's have to make some money off of somebody filming in their park. If I ever make a movie, I will be sure to make a theme park scene in the following places, in order of best choice:

1. Dorney Park-What can I say, its cool.
2. Hershey Park-Huge, lots of area, and lot's of wildlife too.
3. Seaside Heights or Seaside Park-Has two piers, good area.
4. Morey's Piers-Has three piers, a lot of area.
5. Six Flags Great Adventure-Its closest to where I live.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:49 pm

I was going to start another forum for this but since we are talking about movies i thought I would mention to all you wildwood fans that I bought a movie that was filmed in wildwood new jersey in 1971 called "going home" with famous actor named robert mitchum. There was some boardwalk footage and amusement pier footage and town footage which was really great!!!! There was six major amusement piers in 1971 and wildwood was really amazing over the years! I must say that any time there is dorney or wildwood footage they get put on my favorites list!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:13 pm

If you do please provide a link. A strange thought, but something I think would be so cool is when the third Resident Evil movie, called Resident Evil Afterlife by the way, comes out, they should do a theme park scene with zombies and some giant monster roaming it.

The best name would be Resident Evil: Talon if it filmed in dorney, and be sure to have some evil zombie birds in it all over the place like in the Resident Evil 2 game.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:39 pm

I forgot to mention a great movie that has music and a amusement park in it. The movie is Kiss meets the phantom of the park filmed at six flags magic mountain in 1977,78. Well it wasnt the best movie but when it came out it had the highest ratings in NBC history! Therre was plenty of scenes inside the park and of course the first looping coaster, revolution, also shown in the movie "roller coaster".
insaneaboutdorney

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:37 pm

Sounds interesting, I will have to get that one too.

Another great movie in general was Embrace The Darkness. I suggest any vampire lover to go get it right now. I can't figure out where it would go on the top 15 list, but it definitly belongs somewhere near the top, and so does Embrace The Darkness 2.
Seiko Zoorhess

Previous

Return to Chatterbox