Favorite Movie Of All Time?

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Do you know your favorite movie?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes : 5

Postby UdoTch » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:29 pm

If you don't tend to have nightmares from all the blood. Imagine someone kicking and thrashing about in bed, and yelling very loudly, and then waking up and trembling for 15 minutes. All I can say is at least my boyfriend's roommate wasn't home when I pulled that one...

Hence why i hate movies like that and tend to go for the lovey ones...
UdoTch

Postby dannerman » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:30 pm

Moulin Rouge... odd, odd, odd film..

But my gf loves it..

..."How wonderful life is now that you're in my world"
dannerman

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:31 am

Seriously, regardless of what it is, what it is about, this is what I believe makes the perfect movie:

1. Good actors
2. Good fight sequences
3. Gore
4. Good stunts
5. Good Plot
6. Good enemies

I want everything to be perfect. All the movies on my list accomplished all of those.

Oh, and by the way, I would have to say my favorite love storie is without a doubt Romeo And Juliet. It barely missed the top 15 list, probably only by about 2.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby UdoTch » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:28 am

WRONG - The Most Inportant part of any movie is the fact that it has a conherent plot that keeps the audience enthralled. You can make a thrilling movie with no gore, no stunts, and no fight sequences. Granted its VERY hard, but if you can do it, you're considered a GENIOUS in movie business.

IF you want to see the movie that started the modern movie era you should see "Citizen Kane."
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:20 pm

Your right. It just takes someone with a creative mind, lots of money, and a good idea, and of course much more to make a good movie, regardless of what it is about, or what happens in it.

I will look into the movie Citizen Kane.

If you want to see the worst movie ever, go to a Walmart store and get House of the dead for $4.99. Im serious, it really is that cheap. It came out last January. Remember, the Sequel is called Dead Aim, ripping off of Resident Evil Dead Aim! When it comes out, do not waste your money. If you do, ask for it back. It happened when the first one came out.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby dannerman » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:36 pm

$4.99DVD doesn't mean it's a bad movie.. just not a big hit that's in the public eye at the moment. Best Buy has a rather large selection of $4.99 DVDs. A number of them I already own, and paid around $15 when I bought them. Now the spotlight is gone, they drop the price to move the merchandise. I actually picked up Virus for $4.99 a couple weeks ago at Best Buy. I was in Blockbuster Video w/ my gf a couple weeks ago as well, and they had 3 or 4 racks full of $4.99 DVDs (not all were pre-viewed, either).
dannerman

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:01 pm

Well, thats a good thing. I just suggest skipping House of the dead if you don't want to waste your money. But, on the other hand, if you either want a good laugh (because it is so pathetic), or you want to see the worst movie of all time, buy it. Its the same as throwing away pocket change. This movie only had a spotlight of about 2 minutes in it's trailer, and that's it. I remember when I saw it in theatres and people were asking for their money back it was so bad.

Look back at my other four and add them to this list of cheapies too. Don't buy any of them, their not amusing, just made for the trash can. Keep in mind except for maybe one or two more I have never seen any other bad movies, ever. I am very open minded when it comes to movies, but sometimes thing just exceed the limit of nothing but horrible.

What I really suggest is picking up a copie of Resident Evil: Apocalypse regardless of whether or not you like zombie movies, because this is just way more than that. Besides zombies, there are monsters, genetics, viral outbreaks, and showing of power of corporations, not to mention gore, good actors, great plot, and not to mention a lot of creative action.
Seiko Zoorhess

yeah

Postby ouch » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:25 pm

the most important part to a movie is a good plot... you can't have a good movie if you have no plot. i mean, that's why van hellsings such a bad movie.. i mean aside from every part of that movie sucking.. the plot just wasn't there, there was no story.

if you want good "plot" check out the movies on my list.. theyre all very unique, and the people who wrote them are said to be film geniuses.... yeah....
ouch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:35 am

Plot is what makes a movie a movie. However, an exception can be made with movies such as the remake of Dawn Of The Dead, which besides the fact zombies had invaded the entire world, no one knew what was going on, thus, no plot.

However, in this case, it worked out really well. This movie only missed by Top 15 list by 1, at #16.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby UdoTch » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:45 am

I just don't understand how people can have a top ten list. With so much media out there doesn't ones ideas change day to day?
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:51 am

Oh yeah, all the time. Notice how many of the movies on my list came out in 2004 alone. All of the ones made before that were thrown all around throughout the year of 2004, the best year of good movies ever so far in the history of the world in my opinion.

I mean, for example, on my list is Underworld. When the second one comes out, there's a definite add in. When Bionicle 3 comes in, there's another add in. When Freddy vs. Jason 2 comes out, yet another. When Resident Evil: Afterlife comes out, theres another one. And of course many movies unexpected to be great will come out, and can bump some off the list, or just lower down.
Seiko Zoorhess

yeah

Postby ouch » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:07 am

i dont think you can make a top 10 list, b ecause like mentioned before, movies are constantly coming out.. let me find dates for the movies i listed earlier..

Napolean Dynamite 2004
The Royal Tennenbaums 2001
The Virgin Suicides 1999
Amelie (French Film) 2001
Clerks 1994
Eternal Sunshyne 2004
Who's Got the Tape (Korean Film) 2004
Donnie Darko 2001
Ping Pong (Japanese Film) 2002
Dummy 2002

and let me add a few other favorites

Better Off Dead 1985
Happy Gilmore 1996
A Clockwork Orange 1971
Run Lola Run (German Film) 1998
Team America 2004
The Butterfly Effect 2004
Azumi (Japanese Film) 2003
Silmido (Korean Film) 2004

As you can see... they are all from various times.. and the list keeps growing.. but it's imposible for me to pick a top ten out of them.
ouch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:19 pm

Oh, by the way, when I mentioned Romeo And Juliet, I mean the 90's version with Leonardo Dicaprio.

Now that you posted them, Im going to also, just in case some people don't know when these movies came out. These are all DVD Releases.

#1 Resident Evil: Apocalypse 2005
#2 JasonX 2002
#3 Underworld 2003
#4 Bionicle 2: Legends of Metru Nui 2004
#5 Day after Tomorrow 2004
#6 Resident Evil 2002
#7 Van Helsing 2004
#8 Alien vs. Predator 2004
#9 Freddy vs. Jason 2003
#10 The Core 2003
#11 Matrix Revolutions 2003
#12 Queen of The Damned 2002
#13 The Time Machine 2002
#14 Bionicle: Mask Of Light 2003
#15 From Dusk Til Dawn (Unknown)

If I extended this list up to 30 a whole lot of 90's movies such as Nightmare on Elm Street 4, 3, and Friday the 13th 8 and 9 would show up.
Last edited by Seiko Zoorhess on Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby UdoTch » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:23 pm

International Movie Database for all of your needs about movies. Beleive me, its a great source for movies and is often used by professionals

And on a side note I hate dorms, its 12 degrees outside, 90 degrees inside and my windows are open! UGH!
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:58 pm

On another side note, school just sucks in general. I wish I could just take a double period of Biology, one of English, and then go home. The only reason why I like these two is because they help with my writing. Its cold in school, the entrance is way too far away from where the buses are, and the bus stop is too far from my house. And then they get mad when you get sick and miss a lot of days...

But back to the topic, a good site to learn about news, rumors, and more on movies, check out countingdown.com.
Seiko Zoorhess

PreviousNext

Return to Chatterbox