Favorite song of all time

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Favorite song of all time

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:01 pm

While were on these subjects, What is everyones favorite song of all time? I would have a couple and I think we should at least all put in 3 or 4 or at the most 5. I will post my favorite later Although we are all different ages so lets respect everyones thoughts.
insaneaboutdorney

man

Postby ouch » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:39 pm

i can't even begin to think of what my favorite songs of all time were... all time is a really long time!!

I can list some favorite bands..

Modern Bands...

Cake
RHCP
The Hives
Barenaked Ladies
Cornelius (Japanese)
Yoko Kanno (Japanese)
The Pillows (Japanese)
Muse
Stone Temple Pilots
The White Stripes
Modest Mouse
No Doubt
Franz Ferdinand
The Killers
The Vines

Older bands...
B-52's
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Bangles
Bon Jovi
The Steve Miller Band
Bad Company
Spin Doctors
AC/DC
The Buggles

There's a lot more.. but I really don't want to list anymore. I tried to list ones that people would know of..
ouch

Postby UdoTch » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:08 am

HAHA, I have not favorite songs. I just happen to have songs that are inspiration to me at the moment. None of which i care to comment about...
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:33 am

Here are all of my top favorites:

1. Bring Me To Life Evanescence
2. Going Under Evanescence
3. All You Wanted Michelle Branch
4. Don't Stay Linkin Park
5. Complicated Avril Lavigne
6. Breathe Michelle Branch
7. Gasoline Seether
8. On The Way Down Ryan Cabrera
9. Beautiful Soul Jesse McCartney
10. Invisible Clay Aiken
11. Because You Live Jesse McCartney
12. Meant To Live Switchfoot
13. Invincible Pat Benetar
14. Someday Nickel-Back
15. Fine Again Seether
16. Open Your Eyes Staind
17. This Love Maroon 5
18. Take Me Away Avril Lavigne
19. Kinds Of Sadness Ryan Cabrera
20. I Don't Want To Be Gavin McGraw
Last edited by Seiko Zoorhess on Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby UdoTch » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:44 am

Beautiful Soul is an EXCELLENT song, such a great meaning behind it. I love that song, hopefully everyone finds their own beautiful soul someday too...
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:47 am

Of course I have to agree. Here's a list of who I think were the top 5 individual male singers of 2004, not to mention the best ones of all time.

1. Jesse McCartney-Great Voice, Great Music, Makes Two Top Songs
2. Ryan Cabrera-Great Voice, Great Music, also makes two top songs
3. Clay Aiken-Great Voice, Pretty Good Music, makes one top song
4. Gavin DeGraw-Pretty Good Voice, Good Music, makes one song

Personally, I don't think any song ever will be better than Evanescence's Bring Me To Life. It was way to well done, so different, and so creative. I don't even think Evanescence can beat it, or Going Under for that matter.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby UdoTch » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:20 pm

haha...somebody will beat the song eventually, have no worries about that.

Its just a matter of whom, and what memories will be attached to the song.
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:39 pm

Well the second Evanescence Album is currently in the making, so I'll see.
However, I would have to say some songs did come close, like for instance Linkin Park Don't Stay and Michelle Branch All You Wanted.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby dannerman » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:34 am

Seiko Zoorhess wrote:Of course I have to agree. Here's a list of who I think were the top 5 individual male singers of 2004, not to mention the best ones of all time.

1. Jesse McCartney-Great Voice, Great Music, Makes Two Top Songs
2. Ryan Cabrera-Great Voice, Great Music, also makes two top songs
3. Clay Aiken-Great Voice, Pretty Good Music, makes one top song
4. Gavin DeGraw-Pretty Good Voice, Good Music, makes one song

Personally, I don't think any song ever will be better than Evanescence's Bring Me To Life. It was way to well done, so different, and so creative. I don't even think Evanescence can beat it, or Going Under for that matter.

Top 5? umm... I only see 4 :shock: :lol: :wink:
dannerman

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:12 am

Yeah, I deleted the fifth one because it can't count if you don't own the cd.

Oh, and besides Bring Me To Life, being a collaboration between evanescence and Paul McCoy of 12 Stones, here are some other of my favorite collabortation songs:

1. Broken-Seether feat. Amy Lee Of Evanescence
2. Our Lips Are Sealed-Haylie And Hilary Duff
3. My Boo-Usher feat. Alicia Keys
4. Anxiety-Black Eyed Peas feat. Papa Roach
5. 1, 2 Step feat. Missy Elliot

There's more expression of my ridicoulousy strange taste in music. Are any of those three songs anything alike at all, seriously?
Last edited by Seiko Zoorhess on Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seiko Zoorhess

eh

Postby ouch » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:17 pm

i know music is all about opinions, but i can't stand over half the songs on your list.

i have to say that linkin park is a pretty sorry excuse for a "band".. i've seen them live in concert two times, and they were the worst band on the ticket. they're just your typical "i came out in the late 1990/2000's so i make all of my songs sound exactly the same" type of band (Except for 'my december'.. I did appreciate that song, it was very nicely done.).. ditto with Avril(oh look at me i'm a punk rocker), Seether, Staind(i did like "it's been awhile"), Nickelback (nickelback is extremely guilty of this).. i'm not entirely sure who the others are, so i can't comment on them. i'm not saying that they dont sound different from other bands, which some of them do, but all of their actual songs are pretty much the same thing.

i do like maroon 5, and they decent in concert.

i've seen gavin degraw in concert as well, and that was just downright awful.. never again.. that dancing.. oh that dancing.... :oops:

i don't think you have ridiculously strange taste in music.. it's all the same.

the black eyed peas are great to see in concert, and i really enjoyed them. i do admit they sound different from the other bands on your list ;)

(once again.. no offense, it's just my opinion..)
ouch

err

Postby ouch » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:56 pm

Sorry, I wanted to post this in with the nickelback area.

http://www.thewebshite.net/nickelback.htm

Enjoy...
ouch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:35 pm

A quick question: Why would you go and see Linkin Park twice if you don't like them? Also, I would have to say I didn't think their first CD was anything great. I only like about 5 of the songs on it, the only ones I really like are "One Step Closer" And "Pushing Me Away", the rest aren't great. The thing that really appealed to me was the second one, with great songs like "Breaking The Habit", "Don't Stay", and "Somewhere I Belong", but "Faint" is so horrible it makes my brain explode.

What can I say, I just like almost everything I hear. I have to admit a lot of singers, songs, and more sound the same, but I really don't care.

For an example, singers like Avril Lavigne have many alikes such as Michelle Branch, Ashlee Simpson (in a way), Fefe Dubson, Skye Sweetnam, and more. All of them sound very similar, of course some a little different. Put personally, if they sound exactly like her, I say bring on more Avril Lavigne CD's. I love to have a thousand different ones.

I just hear about a lot of people because of talk in school, and of course mostly MTV. I still have like 40 more CD's I have to get, all on a list. Is that crazy or what?

Since I mentioned collaborations, I think the worst one would have to be Jojo Baby It's You feat. Lil Romeo. For god sakes, I own Jojo's CD, I love that song, but adding rapping into it was a horrible mistake. Rap is rap, R&B is R&B, there not the same and do not belong together. The same with No Doubt Underneath It All feat. Lady Saw, although I enjoyed the rap part of songs like Ciara 1, 2 Step feat. Missy Elliot, or No Doubt Hey Baby feat. Bounty Killer. Im just really wierd like that.

Personally, in my opinion, the best singers are Evanescence's Amy Lee, Jesse McCartney, Ryan Cabrera, and Avril Lavigne. Of course all of the other's too but these four are my personal favorites. Its strange except for Jesse McCartney I got all of their CD's at the same time, the same day, same place. It was the first time I ever went to buy CD's, back when I didn't have like 200 of them.
Seiko Zoorhess

a quick answer

Postby ouch » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:36 pm

I saw linkin park the first time because they were playing with Cypress Hill, and I love cypress hill. I saw Linkin park the second time because they were playing with less than jake, korn, and snoop doggity dogg. Just because i saw them in concert doesn't mean I was there to see them ;).

I think Amy Lee has a very impressive voice in her recordings, but the few times I've heard her sing live she didn't really impress me as much. Evanescence really reminds me of a local band near here named Halestorm, that ive been listening to for three or four years now.. those kids are really great.. if you want to check out some of their music, http://www.halestormweb.com .... you can click on "launch player" and it'll play some of the songs from their new album.
ouch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:44 pm

I never thought of it that way. Anyways, I went and saw Ryan Cabrera and saw Skye Sweetnam too, but in this case I enjoyed her singing too. I bought her Cd right on the spot. I do that a lot.

Once I also saw some guy called Butch Walker at an Avril Lavigne concert not too long ago, and he was driving my brain crazy. On a giant tv set, they showed two of his videos that were decent songs, but his life preformance as far the music was driving me nuts. He had his mouth on the microphone, meaning I couldn't understand a word he was saying, and all of the songs sounded more the same than anyone I had ever heard, way over my normal limit. But then Avril came out and saved my life.

Anyways, it really doesn't matter, but I would have to add Skye Sweetnam's Billy S. and Tangled Up In Me to my best songs ever list, along with Korn Blind.
Seiko Zoorhess

Next

Return to Chatterbox