Skyscraper 3D Model

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Skyscraper 3D Model

Postby dannerman » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:59 pm

I'm posting this here because technically this isn't about Dorney's skyscraper specifically, but rather the general ride built by Gravity Works.

I am in the process of making a 3D Model of the skyscraper. Eventually this model will be used for at least 2 desktop wallpapers (night and day shots), but possibly more depending on how detailed I can get. Also, I may possibly create an animation of the ride in motion.

If you want to take a look at the progress so far, I've set up a page on my website: click here. It's not going to be a history of my progress, just how far I've gotten. Feel free to give me any comments or suggestions.

Also, if anyone happens to have any audio footage of the ride, that'd be a great addition to the animation. Send me a pm if you do have any. Thanks.
dannerman

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:48 am

Good idea. Keep up the good work on it. I think you could technically put this in other sections though, because even if the Dorney one is gone, your still technically talking about a past ride.

If you were making a Hercules model, I don't think you would have to put this in completly off topic. Anyways, amazing job so far. If the finished model looks anything like this it will be awesome.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby dannerman » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:10 am

Just a note to everyone who is interested: I've made more progress, including part of the support structure.
dannerman

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:16 pm

I looked on your website again. Its looks really cool, and very well done. Keep up the good work.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby rwk » Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:14 pm

Is this what you want? http://media.pc.ign.com/media/728/72862 ... ?fromint=1 It is in the new expansion pack for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, coming out June 2005.
rwk

Postby UdoTch » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:02 pm

That's not the skyscraper I know and fondly remember... but it is a more efficent looking ride... The question is does it give the same ride experience?
UdoTch

Postby dannerman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:13 pm

Besides the Gravity Works Skyscraper, there's also a ride by Zamperla known as 'Turbo Force'. It's essentially the same kind of ride except that the seats are more rigid, and it uses OTSRs instead of the flexible cloth straps. Great Adventure had a Turbo Force for a couple years, and Dorney had the Skyscraper.
dannerman

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Tue May 24, 2005 8:41 pm

The two rides are similar, but Skyscraper is way bigger, and doesn't hold as many people. That's really it though.
Seiko Zoorhess

Return to Chatterbox