New Expansion Pack for RCT3- Water Park June '05

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

New Expansion Pack for RCT3- Water Park June '05

Postby rwk » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:29 am

Look http://www.atari.com/us/games/rct_3_soaked/pc#overview Now Wildwater Kingdom is possible in RCT3. Anyone have RCT3? Great game. Anyone thinking about a current Dorney recreation in 3? I started a base park but didn't do anything yet.
rwk

Postby UdoTch » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:44 am

wow....maybe it time for me to break out the demo again and not get pissed at the poor interface...haha
UdoTch

ya

Postby ouch » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:32 pm

i know what you mean, the demo was awful..
ouch

Postby dannerman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:31 pm

Are you kidding me? The game itself is pretty bad - not just the demo (if you can run it). I mean, on it's own merit it's about average, but it is by far the biggest case of anticipointment I've ever seen. When I play it, it's usually only for an hour or so, and even then it's only either the coaster designer or sandbox mode. I like the coaster cam, but on anything even moderately detailed the frame rates are fairly slow. Half the time I'll put the CD back on the shelf and play RCT2 instead. It's more fun, more realistic (even though it's not 3D), and I have more options. Oh yeah, and there's very very little theming in RCT3.

The game clearly needed at least another 6 months of development, as evidenced by having 2 major updates already, with rumors of a 3rd in development.
dannerman

Postby dptalon135 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:28 pm

I've already started a Dorney recreation... it's just that I'm soooo picky about making it PERFECT that I get ticked when I can't get it right or get bored (shaping the hill correctly is incredibly challenging). I'll post some shots sometime...
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby UdoTch » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:31 pm

maybe I'll buy RCT 3 eventually, but for right now I'll just deal with my RCT 2. Thats such a great game!

But I spent about 10 minutes playing the demo and got sooo pissed at it I just stopped playing and uninstalled it. I've been watching what people are saying about it on CB, they're not thrilled about it yet, so I can wait to buy it..haha....

What? Little Themeing? That was so much fun to do! (or at least it was for me...haha)
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:45 pm

Seriously, I think it's become too realistic.

I like the huge amount of different people, and I like the more realistic looking rides.

However, the shadows are annoying, and the fact it gets dark is even more annoying. Both of those need to go.

Also, its 3d, but I really do not see what is go much better about it. Unless you are zoomed really close on your park, everything looks fuzzy, like low quality internet music videos. It really needs improvement.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby dannerman » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:24 pm

More realistic? RCT3 is more cartoony and a lot LESS realistic. Look at the Inverted, Floorless, Giga, Strata, Flyer coasters (to name a few). They're more "generalized" and less looking like the real life versions. Perhaps the designers were worried about patent/copyright infringement, whatever, but I like how realistic the images in RCT2 look.

Also, I've found the opposite on the zooming.. the closer you zoom, the more blocky and unrealistic it looks (that's a limitation of 3D renderings with polygons, etc. so no biggie there). The problem you're likely experiencing with "fuzziness" is in the draw distance. If you zoom toofar out, then supports, track, trains, and other objects literally disappear. Further, your graphic settings might be set low (not your fault - it's the programmers since the game is so resource hungry. I have an AMD Sempron 3100+ system, 128MB vid card and 512MB ram, and the best settings are 'medium'.)

With that, I'm going to try to stay out of this thread further.. those are, after all, your opinions, and that's ok. I'm a bit surprised, but I don't want to come across as saying you're wrong because, well, those are your opinions. To each his own.
dannerman

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:08 pm

I just mean the gameplay, not the actual looks of it. Riding the coasters is cool, bit it's not worhit for how much they screwed up the game.

As for the 3D thing, you are right. Its too much out and too much in this happens. Really, if you have played SIM theme park, its the same way, but much much worse, because SIM theme park is cool.

The only reason I play this one is to ride the roller coasters, in sandbox mode with a closed park. Otherwise I play 2 for everything else.
Seiko Zoorhess

Return to Chatterbox