SO who is going where this summer?

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

SO who is going where this summer?

Postby maeryk » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:11 pm

I will be at Dorney, (natch), Knoebels, we are planning a trip to Paramount Canada's Wonderland, and (drumroll) DISNEY IN OCTOBER!

(woot)

WHere are you all going?

Maeryk
maeryk

Postby UdoTch » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:14 pm

Ummm.... I wish i could plan that far ahead...But I'm a cheap college student who just wants to earn money, thus no trips for me unless its 1) free or 2) paid for my someone else or 3) Really Really Really good...haha
UdoTch

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:26 pm

In the last week of June, Im going for a week to virginia to Busch Gardens and the waterpark (hotel).

In the middle of July, I will be at Morey's Piers, Wildwood new Jersey for two weeks (hotel).

In August, I will be in Hershey Pennsylvania for two weeks. Then after that it's off to Dorney for a week, and then the horror begins again when I go back to school.

Well, that's everything I have planned. Just to let you know, I am only like 1 hour away from both hershey and dorney, about 45 minutes away from Morey's piers, but about 5 hours away from Busch Gardens. I am just too lazy to all that driving, even if I would only end up doing half the actual driving. Except the top one, it will be me and my girlfriend. Busch Gardens is a family thing...and all we be fun.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby dptalon135 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:27 pm

Definitely:
Dorney (duh), Hershey, Cedar Point, Geauga Lake, Morey's Piers

Probably:
SFGAdv, Knoebels (for PPP in October)
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby RCTForce » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:30 pm

I'll definatly be hitting up Dorney at some point this summer. I also expect to go to Knoebels as I'll be living/working up the Poconos all summer. And finally I hope to return to Hershey, my college (Millersville) is only a half hour away.
RCTForce

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:31 pm

Oh, yeah, thats right, I forgot about Six Flags. I will go there at random times, due to being only a half an hour away. Probably at least 8 times over the summer. There's a lot of rehab on the park going on there inlcuding the world's tallest and fastest roller coaster, and paint jobs. I really have to see this as soon as possible.

Sometime over the summer I will probably stay in the closest hotel to it to, even if it is only a half hour drive. Besides writing, I really don't have anything else to do in life...and the writing is for hotel time when the parks are all closed...
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby KoasterKid61 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:13 pm

hmmm...lets see...Im obviously going 2 Dorney...um...there is probably Disney World and Universal Studios...oh yeah maybe Hershey...and definitley Six Flags Great Adventure with the ACE members
KoasterKid61

Postby dannerman » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:22 am

My amusement park related plans:

March 11 I'll be going to Knott's Berry Farm with a lunch-time side trip to Adventure City (hey, it's 2 more coasters I've never ridden)
March 12 I'll be going to SFMM (Six Flags Magic Mountain)

April 23, Knoebels

I'll be going to PKI (Paramount Kings Island) for BestBuzz in mid June, and most likely will take a week and also go to Cedar Point and Geauga Lake.

Obviously I'll be at Dorney a lot again this summer (it's fun living 5 minutes from the park :) )

Assorted day trips to Hershey and SFGAdv (Six Flags Great Adventure)

Also planning first-time trips to Conneaut Lake (in case it doesn't open in 2006), Kennywood, Bushkill, and perhaps one or 2 others.

To top it all off, last night a friend of mine invited me on a trip to PKD (Paramount Kings Dominion) and BGW (Busch Gardens Williamsburg) in August. I don't know if I'll be able to though, on account of time off of work (considering all the other plans above) and having enough money.

It's going to be a busy (and fun!) summer for me! :D
dannerman

Postby rwk » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:30 am

I like Knoebel's! It's in the woods and is still owned by the Knoebel's family, I could have swore I saw Dick Knoebel the last time I was there. I would like to go back this year, but it's a 70 mile drive (for my mom and her friend) through dumpy coal towns...but I love the Haunted Mansion, every time I go up there I ride it 5+ times, maybe it's because Dorney no longer has anything like that in the summer months, older people, remember Bucket O' Blood? Bushkill Park in Easton just lost their haunted pretzel to the flood last September, it had already been closed since 2003 due to the roof collapsing due to the heavy snows, the last year it ran was 2002, they planned to rebuild it, but didn't have the funds due to putting money into fixing other things in the park and then the flood came and heavily damaged the park. I don't know what they are going to do now, the park will reopen this summer although several buildings were damaged by the flood and the haunted pretzel is no more. So, now the closest haunted ride for me I guess would be Knoebel's, or maybe Seaside Heights, NJ they have some like a walk-through and ride through. And Playland, Rye, NY one of the few parks with multiple dark rides and an old mill like Dorney once was. I would like to go to Niagara Falls sometime, they have several scary haunted attractions, might be better than Halloweekends. I'm still mad at Wildwood for those two stupid kids burning down Castle Dracula, and the Morey's letting the Golden Nugget go to pot. I haven't been there since 98 when the castle was there and the Golden Nugget was running.
rwk

Postby dptalon135 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:25 pm

That was off topic rambling. Again.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby geneticfreak » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:39 pm

I plan on hitting Dorney many times throughout the summer. Probably Great Adventure for Kingda Ka's opening, and King's Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg for Coaster Conclave 3, which I think is late August or early September. I'll might squeeze in some other parks in the general area also if time permits.

But the major trip of the year is going to be Midwest Conquest. After doing the East Coast Trek last year, I'd recommend this trip to anyone that can afford it.
geneticfreak

fun...

Postby astro-liner » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:01 am

Where to start...Starting the season with the grand opening of Dorney Park, then Hershey the next week. Lakemont Park(worlds oldest coaster baby!), Williams Grove Park, Bushkill Park, DelGrosso's, Dutch Wonderland, Cedar Point and Geauga Lake in June. Knoebels in July. Great Adventure in August (hopefully all the kinks in the system will be fixed by then). There are at least 2 other parks and 2 piers that I will be visiting, but names are excaping me at this moment.
Last edited by astro-liner on Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
astro-liner

Postby rollercoaster91 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:04 pm

may - sfgad

june - none so far

july - dorney & possibly morey's pier

august - dorney
Last edited by rollercoaster91 on Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rollercoaster91

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:22 am

Dorney park all season long, Wildwood all season long, maybe hersheypark one day, And still trying to get out and see willliams grove park!
insaneaboutdorney

Return to Chatterbox