Dorney Park in RCT3

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Postby dptalon135 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:41 pm

The helix is difficult to accurately reproduce, since there are no parts in the game to make a massive helix like the ride has.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby DorneyDante » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:36 pm

yeah when i did my rct2 recreation that helix was by far the hardest to recreate because of its size (what dptalon just said.) yeah rct has helices but they are small. Reproducing that giant helix is hard. No one can accurately portray that helix no matter how good you are. The capaibility just isn't in RCT. You can come close and make it look similar but in terms of being realistic? nope the trick is to use alot of straight away banked pieces. Steel Force's helix, however, is one gradual decline, so yeah, not gonna happen in RCT. This is the closest I got to the helix....
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ ... e/SCR9.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/ ... /SCR10.jpg
DorneyDante

Postby rollercoaster2 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:19 pm

That's great there good!
rollercoaster2

Postby dptalon135 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:44 pm

Got some pictures of my RCT3 work up... here.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby FutureMan » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:29 pm

hercules looks great DorneyDante!
FutureMan

Postby rollercoaster2 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:51 pm

there great better then i could do i love it
waiting to see what the ugly crap laser will look like!
rollercoaster2

Postby FutureMan » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:59 pm

dptalon135 has a picture. it is the last one in the background.
FutureMan

Postby rollercoaster2 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:01 pm

ooooo i see it now i didn't see that before! thanks
rollercoaster2

Postby DorneyDante » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:50 pm

FutureMan wrote:hercules looks great DorneyDante!

Thank you! I think those were older shots actually. I added more to the park after those shots were taken. I know that I added the steel support structure under hercules' turn over the lake, so yeah those shots have to be old. I think I'm gonna pick this project back up actually starting this weekend. I came a really long way, I would really like to finish. Haven't worked on it in over a year and a half. I'll keep you guys updated. I basically have alot of "filling in" (scenery to do) all the major stuff is there already.

Your white water landing looks amazing dptalon!
DorneyDante

Postby rollercoaster2 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:18 pm

I love all the screenshots please post more!
rollercoaster2

Postby rwk » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:12 pm

DP looks so much better in RCT3, it's like a virtual 3D park. Plus you can ride all the rides. And in the next expansion pack Wild coming out oct. there's lots of new flat rides like a musik express type ride (but it's more like a flying bobs) and a tilt-a-whirl! With those rides every flat ride that DP has will be in RCT3! If you're feeling really adventurous, you can import your own custom static scenery in the game with a non-official downloadable program at the Atari forums. You will need a 3D modeling program to make the scenery. You could make a set of DP ride signs. I'd like to see what you use for the Zephyr, a steam train? Or you could use one of the monorails and do the merge track trick to have the monorail ride on regular railroad track.
rwk

Postby rollercoaster2 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:40 pm

Is that guy going to do anymore with it i check back all the time but there is never anything done!!
rollercoaster2

Postby rollercoaster2 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:00 pm

I hate it when these people like this make something and try to bulid dorney but never finsh it. GOD when you start something you finsh it right so why can't this guy finsh this thing? :evil:
rollercoaster2

Postby UdoTch » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:09 pm

Perhaps he has worked on it, but hasn't uploaded anything new. That takes time too.

Just give it a rest, it will come. (or ask nicely).
UdoTch

Previous

Return to Chatterbox