Rollercoaster In Backyard

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Rollercoaster In Backyard

Postby rollercoaster2 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:38 pm

John Ives of Indiana built a working rollercoaster called "The Blue Flash" in his back yard. The cart for the rollercoaster is an old car seat, pretty sweet if you ask me! 8)
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/38/blueflashdropfrombehind0ts6qs.jpg
I do have more but i can't get them on now!
rollercoaster2

Postby FutureMan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:56 pm

There are only a few backyard coasters but his is the best.
FutureMan

Postby dannerman » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:58 pm

wow.. that's old news. I read about that several months ago... I forget where, though.
dannerman

Postby rollercoaster2 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:13 pm

Great i never heard of it though so i thought it was cool!
rollercoaster2

Postby alfundo » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:24 pm

that dude has been featured on the discovery channel. hmmmm, i have a hill...
alfundo

Postby rollercoaster2 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:52 pm

alfundo wrote:that dude has been featured on the discovery channel. hmmmm, i have a hill...

My backyard is so big i could fit laser in it(maybe) But you know how cool it would be to have a rollercoaster in your back yard then you could charge to ride it!! You would work at the ride and manage it check the bolts and that. I have a future job coming up!
rollercoaster2

Postby FutureMan » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:36 pm

Unless your house is in comercial zoning I HIGHLY doubt that you could charge for it.
But try it anyway!!! :wink:
FutureMan

Postby dannerman » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:11 am

Not to mention that you'd have to PAY for replacement parts, electricity, advertising, and don't forget the lawsuits from people who get hurt (even if it's their own fault)...oh yeah, and don't public rides have to be inspected by the state?

A rollercoaster isn't some magical toy that you can just charge to make money on.. it's one thing to have your own personal creation for your own use.. but once you start opening up to the public, there's a lot of logistics to worry about.
dannerman

Postby alfundo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:56 pm

i never mentioned i wanted to go public, lol....well, maybe i'd open it up once in a while to my dpo cronies. ;)........is 40+ acres big enough? :D

public rides are inspected by the state....the PA dept of agriculture :shock:
alfundo

Postby rollercoaster2 » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:56 pm

alfundo wrote:i never mentioned i wanted to go public, lol....well, maybe i'd open it up once in a while to my dpo cronies. ;)........is 40+ acres big enough? :D

public rides are inspected by the state....the PA dept of agriculture :shock:

I think that 40+ acres is just big enough! WOW :D
rollercoaster2

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Wow, that is really cool. I have seen wooden ones before (Jeremyreid.com), but I a steel one is new for me. They should sell them, for about $10,000 each. Only rich people would have them, but it would be a great new thing to come out.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby FutureMan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:18 pm

Rich people and people who love coasters.
FutureMan

Postby Seiko Zoorhess » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:28 pm

That website I mentioned with the wooden roller coaster: http://jeremyreid.com/

If I ever move to Virginia I'm buying cheap land to build something like this on it...

And as for the public riding, if random people you knew wanted to come over and ride it, I really don't think it's against the law, but if you charged it would be. I'm not sure if that's right, but I think it is.
Seiko Zoorhess

Postby FutureMan » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:34 pm

If I were to ever have a backyard coaster it would have to be a spinning wild mouse inside and I could make my own Halloween Night! (don't deny it...you thought about it too!) :wink:
FutureMan

Next

Return to Chatterbox