Just moved here

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Just moved here

Postby Nullifidian » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:49 pm

Hi. I'm originally from New Jersey. My girlfriend and I just bought and moved into a house in Dorneyville (my first house! YAY!). We're now exactly 0.29 miles from Dorney Park. We'll definitely be getting season tickets for the park and we'll likely be going to the park on a very regular basis once it opens for the 2006 season. Afterall, due to our proximity, we can go any day of the week; it takes just 3 minutes for us to get from our garage to the parking lot of Dorney.

I've previously only been to Dorney once in my life. I think it was about 13 or 14 years ago. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how things have changed.

Before we moved, my girlfriend and I were repeat season ticket holders at Six Flags Great Adventure. We're both roller coaster fans.

P.S. Happy New Year!!!!
Nullifidian

Postby rollercoaster2 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:42 am

From what my dad tells me things have changed!

Welcome to the forums
rollercoaster2

Postby PepsiFan01 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:53 am

Welcome! You are definitely close. You could even walk I bet! Being a roller coaster fan, you will notice that there are a lot more of them than when you went! Steel Force, Hydra - which replaced Hercules. Talon. ThunderHawk is still there, and Laser.
Everything is very different from 13 years ago. So you won't really remember a lot from when you went. The waterpark has added a ton of stuff, Camp Snoopy is in place for the kids, there are added rides and changes all throughout the park, etc.
The Whip is still there same spot, and the Zephyr! Those classic rides are not going anywhere. They took the boats out of the creek, and the Skyride is gone.
Those are just some things of note.

As for the season passes, get them now. They are a little cheaper than they will be when the season begins. You can do it in person since you are so close. Or you can call, or order online. Once you get the certificates, come in April to get your pictures taken. The lines won't nearly be as long. If you come the day the park opens, you are looking at a two hour wait to get the photos taken. So just be sure to take note of the hours on the website and come in April. Parking is free during the season, but there is not a specific place for season pass holders to park this year.

So, enjoy. Any other questions, just ask!
PepsiFan01

Postby rollercoaster2 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:51 am

i was just going to say parkings not free during the season but your talking about for season pass holders. Because it's $8.00 to park if you don't have a season pass!
rollercoaster2

Postby Nullifidian » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:20 am

Yeah, I was really happy to see that season pass holders park for free. Great Adventure charges EVERYONE, even season pass holders. I think they charge $10 for parking IIRC.

However, GA's season pass only costs $75 for the main park (then again, a season pass for all 3 parks they have costs $110; but we never bothered going to HUrricane Harbor, and we certainly stayed away from the Safari).

Unfortunately we can't walk to the park because Hamilton Blvd (Route 222) is between us and the park. It's not really the type of road you'd walk across.
Nullifidian

Re: Just moved here

Postby Ron » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:22 pm

I know there was talk at one time to build a walkway across 222, but I don't know what happened to that plan.

Ron
Ron

Postby Almost » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:46 pm

Coming from GAdv to Dorney is going to be a shock. You're going to love the amount of walk-ons and miniscule lines at Dorney. I wish I lived so close to a theme park.
Almost

Return to Chatterbox