Your Car

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Postby FutureMan » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:47 pm

I don't OWN a car but I do drive.
FutureMan

Postby insaneaboutdorney » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:21 pm

2000 corvette convertible, torch red, just love it!
insaneaboutdorney

Postby dannerman » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:06 am

Hey now, don't get on anyone because of the car they like..

..for me, it was a matter of cheaper financing.... that and it is a nice car. :lol:
dannerman

Postby Bailey » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:26 pm

Nah, not getting on Futureman. There is a whole psychology about why people select the cars they do. For me, it used to be about convenience and efficiency, now it's about handling. Now that I can afford to be a little more selective about my car, I went for engineering and handling. I've always been a little bit of car nut and have owned at one time or another, a '67 Mustang, a 2000 Jetta, and several Beetles. One of the best cars I ever owned was an '89 Mazda 626 - great car. Styling was fine and it handled nicely - it was just a nice car to drive. I have my Beemer for two years now and it is, hands down, the best car I've ever driven.

That was the point of the original question. Why did you select the car that you drive? And Dannerman, you answered the question!
Bailey

Postby geneticfreak » Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:38 pm

I picked my Sport Trac because I've evolved into an SUV person, and it give the passenger capacity of an SUV and the hauling abilities of a pick up truck. As far as the mini van goes - it's what the company gave me, so if it's for free it's for me!
geneticfreak

Previous

Return to Chatterbox