Planned Road Trips

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Planned Road Trips

Postby slnewbus » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:49 pm

Have you planned any road trips for the coming summer? It doesn't have to be to a theme park, it can be to anywhere.

We have planned 2 road trips. 1 in June to Cedar Point, GL and Kennywood, and one in august (I think in August) to Myrtle Beach to have one last visit to the Pavillion before it closes this year.

In addition, its not really a road trip, but I'll be going to Chicago for Nationals in Debate over Memorial Day weekend.
slnewbus

Postby dannerman » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:29 pm

I started out the year with some indoor coasters in January and Februaru, a trip to California for Knott's/Magic Mountain/Adventure City last weekend, and April 9th I'm going to Six Flags America with a couple friends. Also planning on going to Knoebel's sometime opening weekend.

I had to ditch my trip to all the cedar fair parks that I was planning, but instead I'm going to try and make it to HoliWood Nights (at Holiday World) in May, a trip to Ohio sometime in June, miscellaneous day trips after that, and end the year with a trip to either PKD or PKI 1st week of November, and then Rounding out the 12 months of coaster riding with a trip to Dollywood in Decemer. Then in January '07 I'll be taking a road trip to Florida to get the elusive Wild Adventures and Cypress Gardens.
dannerman

Postby geneticfreak » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:07 pm

I did the California trip last weekend too, and started it off with three days in Vegas :lol: .

This summer looks like it could be pretty full for me with something going on almost every month. I'm trying to convince the wife about Holiwood Nights/Rumblefest. June will bring the RideWorld Texas Two Step. The RideWorld New York Trek is in August and will begin with a BBQ at my house :o ! September will pose a difficult choice with Coaster Conclave at Kennywood and Coneaut Lake Park followed by Night of Thunder 3 @ Dollywood just two weeks later.

All I know is I need to start making some money on eBay to fund the trips!
geneticfreak

Postby slnewbus » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:54 pm

I forgot to mention that I'll do a bunch of day trips.
slnewbus

Return to Chatterbox