Getting to Know You

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Getting to Know You

Postby DorneyDante » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:28 pm

Someone gotta stir the pot up around here and it might as well be me. Theres actually some action going on on this board lately, it used to be desolate. I thought, since we seem to be making new members and no one really knows eachother that we might as well introduce ourselves. Tell alittle bit about yourself. How old you are, likes/dislikes, what you do, where you live, favorite amusement rides, how you got interested in DP, stuff like that. Well, i guess I'll have to start since I'm makin the thread. My name is Dante(duh). I'm 21 and originally from Reading, PA, but now living and going to school at Drexel U @ Philadelphia. I'm studying architecture and interior design. I been going to Dorney all my life. Started off as a family picnic thing every summer. My favorite ride at the park was the now defunct Hercules (R.I.P.). Favorite ride now would go to Talon. Haven't been to that many parks in the U.S. but plan on starting to travel all around the country once I graduate and actually have money to do so. Right now I just do the local thing (Hershey, Dorney, Knoebels, GADV). You can see a pic of me (if your that interested in what I look like) in my profile on Coasterbuzz, I have the same sn there. Everyone else please chime in and talk about yourself!
DorneyDante

Postby dptalon135 » Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:43 pm

Good idea... hopefully others will actually post. My name is Josh, I'm 16 years old, a sophomore in high school (can't say the name 'cause it's against school policy, and I know some from school visit the site :roll: ). I've been to parks all over the place, including Dorney, Hershey, Knoebels, Morey's Piers, SFGAdv, CP, the Florida bunch, and a few others. First major coaster was Phoenix at Knoebels. Other than coasters, I also love doing web programming and playing trumpet, especially in my school's jazz band.
dptalon135
Site Admin

Postby nativenyer » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:06 pm

Well, since I am a new member, I'd be glad to post. My name's Phil, I'm from New York, now living in NJ. Job in NY keeps me busy. Started with coasters on the Cyclone and Thunderbolt in Coney Island, and over the years have been lucky enough to experience about 97 coasters. Regular visitor to Dorney & SFGadv, and I get around to many other parks every now & then (Up to about 20 or so total)

I've been reading through the sight, and noticed some interesting discussions, so I thought I'd sign up. Look forward to getting to know a few people around here.

Phil

**Note from admin: fixed that :wink: **
nativenyer

Re: Getting to Know You

Postby angel607 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:22 pm

hi my name is Jen i work in retail for 11 years now. i live in Allentown Pa. i just joined this website today. i have been a season pass member of Dorney park since 1995. i love the park so much and i have the best memories with friends here. i think the haunt is the greatest time of year. i love just walking around the haunt attractions not knowing who is going to scare you around the corner. Dorney has the nicest employees there. i became friends with the 1st overlord of 2010 last year. the best scare was last year on the last day when the 2 sliders came down the hill and scared me so bad i fell over my friend laughing to the point i had tears in my eyes. i live 15 minutes away from the park and plan on going forever.
angel607

Postby SteelForceFan07 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:34 pm

hey i'm stef. i'm 23 years old. i've been going to dorney park for 16 years (1995). My ALL TIME FAVORITE RIDE AT DORNEY IS STEEL FORCE. i've liked steel force when i first saw a commerical for it back in 1997. i just fell in love with it. hahaha. also steel force was my very first roller coaster ride ever. i was 12 years old at the time that i went on steel force. that was back in 2000. in between 2000 and 2011 i couldn't get myself back on it. but on June 14th, 2011 i FINALLY got myself back on it. its the best ride that i've ever been on. after i got off i felt like i was re-born again and all the stress of getting on it lefted off my shoulders. now i'm a pro at riding steel force. i went back to dorney on July 4th and July 5th, 2011 i went on it again and i had a BLAST. steel force is sooo easy its unreal. i also LOVE taking pics of dorney and of steel force. i also became a season pass member for the first time this season cause now i can drive up to dorney. but be4 it was only once a year trip now its more then one trip. DORNEY PARK IS THE BEST PARK OUT THERE.
*SteelForceGirl*

SteelForceFan07

Postby New England Rep » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 am

Hi, my name is Chandler and I am a high school student from Connecticut. I joined Dorney Online yesterday and am taking this opportunity to introduce myself. I went to Doeny in 2011 and am going back 2012. I am looking foward to talking to everyone on the forums and possibly seeing you at the park!
Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
New England Rep

Return to Chatterbox