Season Price Difference between Cedar Fair and Six Flags

General talk about Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom including the latest news and rumors.

Moderator: dptalon135

Season Price Difference between Cedar Fair and Six Flags

Postby robertleax » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:33 pm

I was wondering why Cedar Fair season passes are so much more than Six Flags?

I know that Cedar Fair includes parking while Six Flags is extra, but for a family of 4, still alot cheaper for SF passes. Also there are only 2 Cedar Fair parks I can really go (mainly DP but KD is close to my parents house) while SF has 3 (NE and DC are pretty close)

It really stinks because my son does not like coasters and would rather go to DP, but me and my daughter likes coasters so we go to GA.

I would like to go to both but its not in the budget. I would like to switch up the parks every other year but Cedar Fair is just too expensive for us.
Its a shame.

Until something changes, looks like we will keep with the Six Flags passes. (Plus I might take my daughter to Magic Mountain this year).

Or Im I wrong with the prices???
robertleax

Re: Season Price Difference between Cedar Fair and Six Flags

Postby Tori_is_neat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:47 pm

I'm sure parking has something to with it.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby HK36 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:01 pm

I think you get more bang for your buck if your gonna go to more than one Cedar Fair park. Just going to Dorney i understand why its not worth it.
HK36

Postby Yoshi » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 pm

For someone that doesn't travel to parks outside of PA and NJ except once every few years, Dorney is the better value for me. I paid $90 for my 2010 Dorney pass which includes tax. I haven't bought my Six Flags pass yet because I was hoping for the 20% or 25% off deal they usually run in December but they didn't do that so I have to pay $79.99 plus tax and $45 for the parking pass so it is just over $130. I know that gets me into all the Six Flags parks but I don't see myself going to any other park.

Even if it is more, it is still worth it to me because Great Adventure is opening in 2 months from today and Dorney doesn't open for 5 weeks after that and I tend to go to the park a lot in April when crowds are low, and waiting until May to start going to parks on a regular basis would be horrible. I also like how Great Adventure is open into November this year giving me more chances to use my pass.

If I did travel to other Cedar Fair and Six Flags Parks, I would say that Six Flags is a much better value.

If your son doesn't like coasters, he must be very bored at Great Adventure. With more rides either going SBNO or being removed every year not counting water rides, there are less than 10 non coaster and non kiddie rides to chose from. They really need to add a lot more flats.
Yoshi

Postby robertleax » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 am

I want to take my son to DP and my daughter to GA but I can't afford both season passes. I feel bad for my son because he wants to go to GA to ride the coasters then he changes his mind at the last minute. It's funny because every coaster he rode he loved- Its not too many (Big Bad Wolf at BGW; Corkscrew, Iron Dragon, Wildcat at CP; Phoenix at Knoebels; plus all the smaller ones at various park) after he rode them the 1st time, he rode them over and over again. He keeps on saying he wants to ride Steel Force, but he always backs out. I think alot of parks in general needs more mid size family coasters. It seems alot of them has kiddie ones and large ones. Kings Island does have a few mid size coasters though that he rode. It would be nice if GA would get a few mid size coasters along with more flats.
robertleax

Postby HighSpeedThrillCoaster » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:05 pm

I just got an email from Six Flags America. Season passes are on sale right now for $49.99.

Not a bad deal.
HighSpeedThrillCoaster

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Wow, that is pretty cheap. They must be hurting...
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby itsbobby45 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:06 pm

This may be a stupid question, but can I use my season pass during The Haunt?
itsbobby45

Postby Yoshi » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Yes you can, hopefully they won't be like other CF parks and not allow the pass to be used during Haunt (Knott's, King's Island)
Yoshi

Postby itsbobby45 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:05 pm

I feel like I read on the website that you couldn't, but I could be wrong.
itsbobby45

Postby cf4444 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:26 am

I understand it to be that you can if you come during Boo Blast. Not during the Haunt. Its very oddly worded.
cf4444

Postby Yoshi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Is it on the website somewhere? I looked and all I saw was that a platnium pass wo t get you into the halloween events at knotts, carowinds and Canada's wonderland
Yoshi

Postby itsbobby45 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:14 pm

oh maybe that's what I read then...my bad.
itsbobby45

Postby Tori_is_neat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

Six Flags America has been $49.99 every year as far as I can understand. That's where I get mine from. I went on a weekday in August in 08 and had walk ons. It's just not a terribly busy park.

Enjoy your ride on Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel FORCE! ('09)
"What time is it?" "HANG TIME!" ('10)
Talon: The Grip of Fear - 10th Anniversary! ('11)
Tori_is_neat

Postby djw44 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:34 am

I got my Great Adventure Season Pass last year for 49.99, which included 6 free tickets, plus half price tickets certain days, half price waterpark days and more. I used it twice and It me like 15 or 20 bucks a person (including parking) for the two times i went. I also spent 150 dollars on a season pass to get admission and parking to the cf parks. 150 is overkill, if it was less then it would be worth it.
djw44

Next

Return to General Discussion