5/2/10

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

5/2/10

Postby Yoshi » Sun May 02, 2010 9:03 pm

I originally thought I was going to miss opening weekend but ended up being close to the park today and figured I might as well run over to get some coaster rides in. I got there a little after 6:30 and with an 8:00 closing, I didn't have much time but as expected the park was dead.

Talon was first as usual. 2 trains running and a walk on for any row except the front. I forgot how much more intense Batman is but I still like Talon a lot better because of the layout and the immelman.

Thunder Canyon and White Water Landing were both closed and drained. Wild Mouse had no one at all waiting which is such a rare sight to see so I had to stop there next. I prefer the Dark Knight but it is still fun without a wait.

Hydra only had 1 train running but was a walk on for the middle rows. I saw Thunder Creek Mountain was also closed but it looked like that was because of Demon Drop, I hope they are able to open it up before Demon Drop since it would be a shame to have it closed until July or August. I expected the run out part of Demon Drop to be longer and look forward to it opening even though it looks like they have a long way to go.

Dominator was also a walk on, I rode the Turbo Drop side twice, the 2nd time was a solo ride.

Thunderhawk had 1 train running but was a walk on for the front with just 2 other people waiting for the back row. I walked around and had a solo ride again in the front row.

Steel Force had 2 trains running, 1 train wait for the front row and last rows, everything else was a walk on. I waited the extra train for the front since it is usually an extra 3 - 5 train wait if not more. I went back for another ride.

Voodoo was closed the entire time I was at the park.

With less than 15 minutes left I walked back to Talon, got another walk on and just got in line again as they went to close off the entrance at 7:58.

Other than the hot and humid weather, Voodoo and the water rides closed it was a good trip. For some reason every year on my first trip of the season, it isn't as great as I am expecting. I still had fun but I think the problem is that after going to Great Adventure for the past 5 weeks and having the off season over for the same 5 weeks takes away some of the excitement of going to Dorney. I know in the summer when Great Adventure gets jammed and Dorney has little to no waits I'll feel differently.

Ride Count:
Talon, 3x
Hydra, 1x
Steel Force, 2x
Wild Mouse, 1x
Dominator Turbo Drop, 2x
Thunderhawk, 2x
Yoshi

Re: 5/2/10

Postby cf4444 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Thunder Creek Mt. is closed due to Demon Drop as well as the Swan Boats and the Speedway. Now that said, expect TCM to open around May 14th or so. The others rides should open when DD is finished.
cf4444

Re: 5/2/10

Postby bluewaves » Wed May 05, 2010 8:41 am

as soon as some more of the concrete work is finished they can move those fences back, there was a fresh pad poured right on the other side of the fence and it needed to cure, the heat this last week sure helped that along.
bluewaves

Return to Trip Reports