8/12 - Quick summary

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

8/12 - Quick summary

Postby dp45879 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:47 pm

I got to the park with my friend around 12:30, seeing that the overflow lot was almost full. This was my first Saturday trip ever. I got to the gate and saw the huge line to get out of the park. We didn't even go near the waterpark. Much too crowded. First, we walked right onto Demon Drop, nothing special. Dominator Red was also a walk-on, so we took a ride on that. Decided to wait 1 cycle for the Whip. Dorney's whip is most definately the best around.

Since it was a really warm day and we knew the waterpark would be packed, we got in a full queue for TCM. Only waited about 15-20 minutes. Possessed was next waited 3 trains for a row towards the back. Steel Force wa like a normal day. We waited about 3 trains for the back row, 2 trains running. Thunderhawk was running 2 trains and we waited about 4 trains for front row. Calming down a bit, we decided to take a ride on the Zephyr, train was full. When the train went back behind the Asylum, we noticed cars parked on the other side of the fence, up near the stream! And even more were coming! We decided to do Enterprise afterwards, which we walked right on. Since we didn't get a chance to do talon yet, we walked up the hill to that. 15 minute wait.

Hydra was next. Another walk on. Followed by Meteor, which was also a walk on. Decided to do Thunderhawk again. Walked on the back row, which is a row I'll never again ride in...horribly rough. Steel Force was <5 minutes. Revolution was a walk on. By now it was about 6:00 and we decided to walk down the street for Wendy's. We waited for about 5 minutes for a hand stamp and headed down the street. Meal only came to $2, as we got the unlimited soda option in the park. I think I'll do Wendy's more often!

We walked back to the park and I knew that since the waterpark closed at 6 (6:00...on a SATURDAY?!) the park would be packed. We wanted to do the water rides since it was still warm. We waited 5 minutes for WWL, then 20 for Thunder Canyon. Took a ride on Thunderhawk again. Waited <5 minutes for third row. We wanted one last ride on SF for the night, and we were shocked to find a massive queue. We waited a total of 30 minutes which brought the time up to 9;00. We opted for 1 more ride on enterprise, 1 cycle wait, then walked onto Hydra. We finished of the night with a walk-on on Hang Time and then 2 on Talon, with our last ride in the front row on the last train of the night. All in all, the day was good, but I would have liked to get to WWK.
dp45879

Re: 8/12 - Quick summary

Postby Dorneyman27 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:18 pm

That doesn't sound too bad for a Saturday. How much of the Steel Force queve was filled? I might be going this Friday. Does anyone know how that might be?
Dorneyman27

Re: 8/12 - Quick summary

Postby dp45879 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:43 pm

The black line shows what parts of the queue I waited in. As for Friday, it should be like any other weekday.
Attachments
steel force.png
steel force.png (137.18 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
dp45879

Return to Trip Reports