You know it's the offseason when...

Chat about whatever is on your mind! All general discussions non-park related should go here, including site ads.

Moderator: dptalon135

Re: You know it's the offseason when...

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:40 pm

...You come to this website a couple of times a day and the threads are not moving. I wish there was as much to talk about in the winter as we have in the summer.
2015... My year off from Dorney. C'mon Cedar Fair, you are losing me...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby rotlex » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 pm

You visit this site every day just because you realize there ain't a whole lot else to do in the Lehigh Valley during these incredibly long and boring winter months!

Every time I complain about Dorney, I realize just how much time I spend there, and how much I miss it in the off season! I SO wish that skiing wasn't so ridiculously overpriced, as I'd love to get back into that again, to fill the void during the "off season"!
rotlex

Postby Kozmo 1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 am

Yoshi wrote:On the way home from Target, you stop at a family entertainment center that has a coaster simulator (picture here: http://www.bmigaming.com/Images/tsumo-j ... logies.jpg )

The choices are Phoenix, Twister and Raven and it is 50 cents to use.

I think they have one of those at the South Mall too, I think it has Gemini and Blue Streak (CP). Great Wolf Lodge in the Pocono's has a beefed up version in there arcade I think it has Phoenix and Thunderbolt (KW).

Southmall also has a Hurricane Simulator, wonder if that's the same thing as the dryer booths by WWL.
RIP Dorney Park 1884-1992
RIP Laser 1986-2008

"People have to eat"

Kozmo 1

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Kozmo 1 wrote:

Southmall also has a Hurricane Simulator, wonder if that's the same thing as the dryer booths by WWL.[/quote]

HaHa, I wouldn't be surprised :lol:
N_Dub04Gli

Postby randydorney » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:33 pm

...you start to look periodically at your mail box to see any 'dorney park' promo's about anything new for the coming season/season pass deals....etc...

...you drive down hamilton bvld to see any new things popping up on dorney park's property...

... repeat 2nd quote but this time you use your camera to take pictures and post it on the web to share to others to see if they notice anything new at dorney park....

... you start to go on dorney park's market place webpage to buy/surf browsing for good deals to get your 'dorney fix'....

...you buy dorney park calendar's from the website so you can post it on your wall... (*already have since 04 til now)

...you just notice something interesting at screamscape.com website to find an interesting posting in relation to dorney park.....
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
Ride Ops Meteor: 02,03,09'
randydorney

Postby N_Dub04Gli » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 pm

I def find myself lurking in the DP Marketplace for something to buy. I usually end up getting nothing though...
N_Dub04Gli

Postby Yoshi » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:58 pm

If they lowered prices on some of the older stuff I might place another order. I wish they would put the Statix models on sale. I have the Talon train but would get the Hydra train if I could get it for under $20.

Not that I really need anymore stuff though, just with shirts I have 4 different Voodoo ones (65% off was too good to pass up), 1 Talon, 1 Fear The Five (Laser, Hydra, Steel Force, Thunderhawk, Talon) plus a bunch of mugs, cups, shot glasses, snow globes etc.
Yoshi

Postby randydorney » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 am

...when you start to watch dorneyonline.com for new relevant information about the upcoming season and news of spottings of new ground being torn up.
...you notice a posting on (2/18/2010) on screamscape.com that you found so amazingly awesome coming soon!
...you grab your camera, drive down to dorney park to take pictures to see anything new being constructed on Demon Drop.
Play disney ride simulations online!! Be the operator of your favorite disney ride attractions!! You're in control!! Visit website: http://www.themagical.nl
randydorney

Postby rotlex » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:52 pm

It's getting really bad for me now these past few days. The weather has been TOO nice for March! Dorney needs to have a spring time event, like Hershey does, to give me something to do in April a little closer to home! Springtime in the Park at Dorney anyone? (Yeah, I'd still go to Hershey, but having two places to go before May would be great)!
rotlex

Postby Yoshi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 pm

That would be nice to have Dorney open in April even just for a few days. At least Great Adventure opens in 2 weeks 8)
Yoshi

Postby rotlex » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:11 am

Oh wow, I did not know that regarding GA. Probably because I have not been there in quite a few years. May have to check it out again to get my early fix this year, LOL.
rotlex

Postby randydorney » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:16 pm

You look at the Simulations page and drooling over the screen to see if the site launched the beta yet or you already signed up for the beta testing to get your hands to beta test the #SF Sim :P ;)
randydorney

Postby IhaveSonar » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:24 pm

....you're constantly checking rumors about Invertigo to see if its going to be upgraded or fixed to be more reliable. (Yeah, this isn't the offseason, but thats what I did during the winter, and this was a fun thread to read :D :D :D )
IhaveSonar

Postby SteelForceFan07 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:35 pm

when you are bored cause there is nothing to do in the winter but wait for dorney to open for the season. its just 6 months of torture
*SteelForceGirl*

SteelForceFan07

Postby New England Rep » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:51 am

...during school you dream about the 2012 season and all the memories you had in 2011
Coaster Count: 73
Park Count: 13
MilForce|Bizarro|Toro|B-Dash|TTD|KingdaKa|D-Back|Nitro|Maverick|Steel Force
New England Rep

PreviousNext

Return to Chatterbox