6/11/12

Share the experiences of your latest trip to Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom

Moderator: dptalon135

6/11/12

Postby Yoshi » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:41 pm

I got to the park around 12:30 and the lot was more crowded compared to my last trip a week and a half ago. WWK was also more crowded but still not too bad. Most slides were 5 - 10 minutes. Without the clock I lost track of time and spent 3 1/2 hours getting 20 slides in, riding Thunder Canyon and White Water Landing twice and spending around 15 minutes in Island Water Works. White Water Landing did break down for a few minutes with a boat stuck on the lift but it must have been a minor issue since it reopened right away.

Talon was running 2 trains with a 1 train wait. Great ride as always. Wild Mouse looked to be around 15 minutes but I didn't feel like waiting. Hydra had 2 trains running and like Talon was a 1 train wait. The rattling didn't seem as bad today but I still didn't feel like going for more than 1 ride.

Demon Drop appeared to be closed the entire time I was at the park and Dominator had a little bit of a line so I thought I would go back to it later. Thunderhawk had 1 train running with no wait. I got the last row since no non wheel seat rows were available without waiting and it was a little rough but not too bad.

Steel Force had 2 trains running with no wait except for the front and last rows. I waited 3 trains for the front row and walked around for another ride this time going to the first row of the last car. There was a lot more airtime in the last car. From Steel Force, I saw Dinosaurs Alive didn't appear to be too popular today with only a few people on the trail (at least from the parts of the trail I could see).

Stinger was closed when I walked past the ride, not that I would have ridden it today anyway. I'm still not sure if I am going to ride it again or not and it depends on if it gets stuck on the lift again in the next few weeks.

Possessed was the longest coaster line of the day at around 10 minutes. The person at the entrance to the station wasn't letting that many people in the station at once.

For the first time in 4 trips to the park this season, I saw 4 people with Fast Lane wristbands at the booth where they are sold. They wasted $140 on Fast Lane since waits were basically non existent and at the rides I didn't see anyone using Fast Lane.

It was another good trip to Dorney. WWK is great, it's just too bad in a few weeks it will be getting very crowded where all the slides get 15+ minute waits.
Yoshi

Re: 6/11/12

Postby dorneydude » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 pm

perhaps their company gave them to them...could anyone be crazy enought to buy one AND after realizing they were not needed you'd think they would DEMAND there $$ back.
---the ORIGINAL DorneyDude
dorneydude

Return to Trip Reports